HSE Safety Officer OFFSHORE
- Vessel Operations
POST APPLIED FOR – HSE ADVISOR / CO-ORDINATOR / TRAINING OFFICER
Date of Birth : 12 May 1969
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Passport Details : No. K 168 5964
Place of issue :
Date of issue : 17/01/2012
Date of expiry : 16/01/2022
Continious Discharge Certificate (CDC) : MUM 133348
Date of issue : 19/12/2005
Seaman’s Discharge Book(U K) : DB00034657
Date of issue : 06/01/2006
Fluent in Languages : English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil.
(Read, write and Speak)
Academic Qualification : Graduate
Join Oil Rig/LNG Project/Offshore Project as a HSE Advisor/Safety Officer/ Training Officer.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
NEBOSH IGC QUALIFIED
OSHA 30 hrs course in general industry
BOSIET including HUET Course done at MSTS Malaysia (OPITO approved).
HLO Course undergone at Naval Maritime Academy Mumbai.
NASP () Professional Diploma in work place Safety
Diploma (one year course) in Health , Safety and Environmental Management in General and construction Industry from Indian Institute of Safety Management
Accident investigation and reporting from Indian Institute of Safety Management
Safety Officer Course, Diploma in Industrial Safety Management, Fire Fighting
Technique and First Aid from National Institute of Security Management,
H2S training undergone onboard DPV Saipem 3000 conducted by Sunbelt Dubai.
Advanced Fire Fighting from Naval Maritime Academy , Mumbai.
Security Officer Course, Diploma in Industrial Security & Safety Management, Fire Fighting and First Aid from National Institute of Security Management, .
Degree (Equivalent), Indian Navy, Ministry of Defence.
HSC (10 +2) university.
STCW 95 courses (PSSR, PST, EFA, FPFF) from Seafarers Marine Institute, Mumbai.
GMDSS General Certificate of Competence ( license).
The Ship Security Personnel Course, P & O Cruises.
Training in passenger safety on passenger ships , P & O Cruises, MV Arcadia.
Certificate of completion in First Aid, P & O Princess Cruises International.
Professional Enhancement Initiative
- Oilfields Safety.
- H2S Operation and management.
- Cold/Hot work and Permit to work.
- Emergency evacuation and crisis management.
- Fire prevention and training.
- Operations, maintenance of fire fighting equipments and SCBA.
- Incident control and report writing.
- Safety on shutdown Projects.
- Behavioural safety audits and general safety audits.
- Treatement of Chemicals and MDSD analysis.
- Confined space operations.
- Working at height.
- Rigging and lifting operations.
- Material handling.
15 years Practical experience as Safety, Fire fighting, First aid and damage control discipline as cadet and instructor onboard various warships and establishments of Indian Navy. Sound knowledge and experience in operation and maintenance of Indian Defense systems, men and material management, inventory control, maintaining discipline among ships company as a ships Regulating Staff.
15 years which involves following duties and responsibilities.
(a) Trainer for Safety Induction, Confined space and usage of PPEs.
(b) Instructor for Training fire fighting, first aid and damage control.
(c) Instructor and advisor for Nuclear,Biological & Chemical Safety and Hazardous involved to ships company.
(d) Maintenance and upkeeping of all fixed and portable firefighting equipments and accessories.
(e) Team leader for incident investigation and reporting onboard ships and establishments.
(f) Managing HSE workshop.
(g) Permit to work system Coordinator.
(h) Safety auditor for ship and dockyard facilities.
(i) maintenance and ships husbandry advisor.
(j) Responsible for total safety and security of men and material onboard, ship construction involving heavy lifting activities.
(k) Advising preventive measures for reduction of Potential Hazards pose on matters relating to safety of personnel.
(l) Responsible for conducting emergency evacuation drills, safety audits and safety seminars.
(m) Investigation and preparation of accident injury and Near Miss Reports.
(n) Safety stastical data analyzer.
(o) Lead man for safety tours and inspections.
Trainer for all HSE Subjects. Able to develop any work related safety procedure. Proven track record in the field of Safety, Management, Maintenance and fire prevention and fire fighting for the period of 15 years in Indian Navy. Engaged in total Loss control program and imparting instruction on safety and health.
- Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Performing duties of HLO onboard Rig which includes baggage screening preparing passenger manifest, training HDA Team members, Chopper briefing to passengers etc
- Act as focal point in case of Chopper emergency Crash Landing.
- Advising and assisting the management in fulfillment of its obligations concerning preventing of personal injuries and in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Advising and assisting the management for preparing, implementing, amending and correcting HSE plan and policy as per the current HSE legislation and direction by International Safety Standards.
- Assisting the management in investigation of industrial incidents, occupational diseases and preparations.
- Organizing campaigns, competitions and activities which will develop and maintain the interest of the workers in establishing and maintaining safe conditions of the work and procedures.
- Inspecting and evaluvating the effectiveness of action taken or proposal to be taken to prevent personal injuries.
- Organizing HSE audits and Risk assessments.
- Advising on safety aspects in all job studies and preparing job safety plan for critical jobs.
- Organizing and conducting fire training and ensuring all fire equipments are inspected and serviced duly.
- Conducting In-house HSE training programs for all employees.
- Conducting fire fighting and damage control drills.
- Administer First Aid.
- Conducting tool box talk for all employees.
- Chair all management meetings as a safety representative.
- Advising Procurement Department on purchase of right PPEs.
- Keeping Senior Management informed on latest HSE requirements.
- Ensuring safe execution of work on all sign boards, barriers, warning, posters in place about the hazards related.
- Coordination for job Safety Analysis and permit to work system.
General : Proficient in computer operations DOS, MS WORD, WINDOWS 95, 98,2000, EXCEL, POWERPOINT ,OUTLOOK, INTERNET.
Driving License : Indian Light Motor Driving License.
Indian Navy – 15 Years service from May 1987 to 31 May 2002 and retired in the rank of Petty Officer in Safety Department.
In P & O Cruises UK as Senior Safety/Security onboard MV Arcadia from Dec 2005 to Sep 2006 and from Jan 2007 to May 2007 onboard MV Oceana.
Worked onboard Pipe Lay Barge Sai Boss 230 with SAIPEM ITALY . Also worked onboard SAIPEM 3000 HLV DPV as Radio/Purser.
Worked with Sheffield Offshore for Caldive Offshore International for HOEC project PY-1 (pipe laying 54 Kms) at Karaikkal (On shore), India as HSE Officer.
Worked onboard barge CAMELOT in with Intership Ltd . as HSE Officer.
worked onboard Derrick Lay Barge DLB CHAI with Cuel-Swiber Offshore (CSOTL) as HSE Coordinator at Gulf of Thailand for CHEVRON Campaign project 2010 - 2013.
Worked as HSE Cordinator onboard LTS 3000 with L&T and Sapura Crest joint venture at Mumbai Offshore for ONGC project.
Worked as Safety Officer onboard Jack Up Rig Deema with Millenium Offshore at Qatar Offshore for OXY project. And QP project – Offshore KSA and Offshore – Qatar from Oct 2011 till Sep 2013.
Presently working as HSE Officer with Kreuz Sub Sea onboard DPV Crest Odyssey-1 for Premier Oil SOC-Naga / Pelican project – Offshore Indonesia.