Seek full time employment as Master of DP2/3 Vessels/ Suitable operations job in management of Offshore operations
A senior experienced master with hands on knowledge of various DP and propulsion systems. Worked in various Offshore fields in command of Well Stim Vessel/ PSV/AHTSV (North Sea/Vietnam/Gulf of Thailand/Singapore/Egypt /Mumbai High/ Tapti Fields) Persian Gulf(Qatar).
Was commissioned as Deck Officer in the Indian Navy. Served in various capacities from 1984- 2005.Took premature retirement from the Indian Navy in 2005. In the Naval Career was exposed to various facets of Sub sea / marine operations as Diver and submariner. Trained with various nationalities in induction of critical equipment and work up of various teams. Details of these experiences as under:• 20 Years experience as Qualified Diver and Dive Instructor/Supervisor for depths up to 35/55 Meters on various Dive Equipment in the Indian Navy.
• Good knowledge of subsea systems.
• Actively involved in Port Safety workshops, Hazard analysis, Oil spill and other manmade port contingencies, HSE Internal Audits. Formulated HSE Policies.
• Security of Vital Port Areas, Port Defense / Industrial Safety and Riot Control. Qualified in Ship Security Officer and Company Security Officer Courses under ISPS Code.
• Directly handled maritime and industrial safety/HSE operations for Naval Officer In Charge Andhra Pradesh. Task involved operational control, deployment, and maintenance of twenty ships of the Local Flotilla. Formulating plans for safety and security of all major and minor ports of Andhra Pradesh in liaison with various private, public sector and government agencies.
• Set up and managed the Cadets Pre Sea Training on board IMS Vikrant, the only afloat Maritime Training facility of its kind in India for Merchant Navy Cadets.
• Worked as Deputy Director of Naval Maritime Training Academy at Mumbai, conducting STCW, value added courses and courses for the Offshore Industry.
• Headed Naval Training Team at National Defense Academy, Khadakvasla, Pune, job involved specialist marine training of Naval Cadets. Trained over 3000 cadets.
• Conducted live, training for Naval and Coast Guard Personnel in Fire Fighting and Damage control on board, INS Amba, the only afloat training facility of its kind in India.
• Approved as faculty for teaching various STCW95 courses and pre-sea training for Cadets by Director General Shipping Government of India. ) Visiting faculty at various offshore institutes conducting offshore courses on lines of OPITO Courses.
• Lead faculty for IMO TOTA Modular course.
Commenced civil marine career in 2004 and following vessels/companies worked with:
* Product carrier/ SCI 2004/2005
* 2006-May 2007 Deputy Director Naval Maritime Academy.
Jul2005- Todate worked as Master/Addl Master in command of DP Well stim/PSV/AHTS vsl of BJ Offshore/Bourbon Offshore/Global Offshore/Hind Offshore/Great Offshore.• Taken Yard Delivery of new DP2 Diesel Electric PSV for Bourbon Offshore.
• MSc (Nautical Science and Tactical operations) CUSAT(Kochi)
• MSc (Defence Studies and Strategic Management) Chennai University.
• BSc JNU New Delhi (National Defence Academy Khadakvasla Pune).
• Graduate of the prestigious Defence Services Staff College, Wellington India.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) .
• Diploma in IT Applications from CDAC Pune.
Master (Indian COC) IF 007661
DP Unrestd Licence NI London
Master /GMDSS endorsement of Belize/Luxembourgh/Cyprus/Bahamas
• Water sports enthusiast, sailed various classes of sail boats and surf boards at National Sailing championships. Won the inaugural Offshore sailing race from Mumbai to Kochi in J24 class in April 2006.
• Organised National Sailing championships in Enterprise and optimist class of boats.
Communication Skills/ Personality Attributes
• Strong written/oral /public speaking and presentation skills.
• Energetic, self-motivated team player with drive, enthusiasm, proven leadership and communication skills.
• Good Liaison and Team Management Skills.
Honors & awards
Honored with following awards for outstanding leadership in crisis management and conspicuous act of gallantry: -
• Commendation by Flag officer Commanding in Chief for conduct of Flood Relief operations in Aid to Govt of Tamil Nadu at Chennai (Ponneri) in Nov 1992.
• Shaurya Chakra by President of India for conceptualizing and fighting major Refinery fire at HPCL Vizag Refinery in Sep 1997.