Seeking career advancement in the Marine industry within dynamic, high growth organization that welcomes fresh ideas, initiative, dedication, and experience; demanding excellence in consistently meeting business objectives.
Operations Manager – Workboat International, Dubai Jan 12 – Apr 12
Port Captain, HSE Manager,DPA, CSO – Workboat International, Dubai Oct 06 – Dec 11
Company provides multi-disciplinary offshore services for the Oil & Gas Industry
• Manage Flag State certification, Pre Charterers inspections, Vessel classification Certification, Internal ISM audits, HSE audits, Making the company ISM and HSE manuals, Company Security Officer,Documentation/ certification and manuals for new build vessels
• Implement HSE and ISM standards. Handling International Ship Security for vessels transit high risk area (Somalia, Nigeria)
• Plan vessel transit plan through area of piracy
• Involved in Strategic business development with Corporate clients which gave a leading revenue growth of 60%
• Supervision, leadership, direction to Operations, Purchasing, Technical and Manning department.
• Spot inspections, HSE training, Corporate Clients Maersk Oil- Qatar, J Ray McDermott, RasGas, Saudi Aramco
Hub Agency Coordinator Nov 03 – Oct 06
Gulf Agency Company LLC
Company provides worldwide hub operations and ship management services for Oil & Gas Industry
• Sole responsibility for Chevron Texaco operations in Africa, ME and India, review and verification of finances against budget
• Improved operations efficiency, reviewing SOP procedures , efficiency increased to 45%
• Coordinated negotiations with agencies and secured competitive port and agency costs, saved plus USD 50,000 annually
• Managed two year audits, provided ways to improve services of Hub operations which were implemented by Principals
Operations Executive May 02 – Oct 03
V. Ships Agency LLC
Company provided ship services operations for clients at Fujairah Sea Port
• Managed operations for Fujairah Branch. Providing supervision and direction to a team of 6 assistants.
• Overseen manpower allocations, operations management, dealing with Terminal Operations, Port Users, Owners & Charters
• Review certifications, issue work permits, provide approvals for Port services on behalf of Company.
• Provide Vessel, Branch Financial reports and Overall Operations Reports to Head Office
Anglo Eastern Ship Management Ltd, Mumbai, India Mar 01 – May 02
• Worked as a maritime professional on containerized vessels at sea, last position at sea was as a Chief Officer.
• Handled Dry docking , cargo, port operations. Conducted survival at sea exercises. Maintenance of safety equipment.
• Managed operations duties for each position as dictated by International Shipping Procedures
Blackpool & The Flyde College, UK Chief Mates (Class II) Certificate 2000
Lal Bahadur Shastri College, India Second Officer Certificate 1999
University of Mumbai, India Bachelor of Science 1992
Bureau Veritas Lead Auditor ISO 14001 EMS 2011
NEBOSH IGC 2010 Lloyds Register Lead Auditor OHSAS , ISM Internal Auditor, 2008
Company Security Officer 2010
Plus 20 years of maritime experience in facets of managerial, operations, International shipping regulations, technical, high seas risk security, Health and safety, Ship safety technology
Managing entire operations of over 20 offshore support vessels and team of 120 on & offshore personnel
Proven success in negotiations, long - term strategy planning, budgeting, building corporate relationships to increase revenue
I am holding a PR status for Canada and will be relocating along with my family permanently in may this year. Looking for a permanent job in my field.