- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Entry level
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Dispatching experience
- Strong customer service skills
Maritime Experience (Sailing on Tugs or Barges) desired but not necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, be a self-starter and consistently communicate in a team environment
- Experience managing website/database content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer experience
- On the job training
- Visit sites for reference in service locations
This position is responsible for coordinating, scheduling and dispatching both marine equipment and personnel. Ideal candidate will be proactive, detail oriented and customer service friendly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and processes orders for delivery and transport of petroleum products via Company equipment, and coordinates equipment to meet the demands of oil company contracts and customer demands
- Receives direct orders for the shipment of petroleum products
- Coordinates company equipment and crews
- Schedules deliveries of petroleum products
- Reports incidents and accidents in a timely manner via our online computer system for Incident & Accident Reporting
- Coordinates with the Safety Department and the Maintenance Department for the availability of equipment for scheduled and un-scheduled inspection and repair
- Assists the Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager in the daily duties of meeting customer demands
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Apply Instructions
To apply forward resume with salary requirements to jtenerowicz@vanebrothers.
The year was 1898 when Captain William Burke Vane and his brother, Captain Allen P. Vane, established a humble ship chandlery in Baltimore. Since that time, the Vane Brothers Company has transitioned into a multi-faceted marine transportation provider with more than 130 vessels operating out of multiple locations, including Baltimore (Vane Brothers' corporate headquarters), New York, Philadelphia, Norfolk, Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Puget Sound, Los Angeles/Long Beach, San Francisco, and the Great Lakes Region.
Vane Brothers sets the standard of excellence in the maritime industry with modern equipment, highly trained crews and a steadfast commitment to safety. Along with bunkering, lightering and launch services, Vane operates a Marine Safety division with expertise in marine safety equipment service and inspection.
By continuously broadening the scope of the company and operating at the forefront of technological advances, Vane Brothers has thrived in an ever-changing industry.