Ready Reserve Force Port Engineer
- Vessel Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Shall be US citizen capable of gaining a security clearance.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the commercial maritime industry in either a shore side or shipboard engineering role with Chief/First Assistant Engineer experience.
- Experience must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and negotiate complex projects such as vessel machinery overhauls and repairs.
- Practical knowledge of mechanical engineering and naval architecture principles and practices.
- Familiarity with marine/mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering disciplines.
- Competency in shipyard work specification writing and work package development.
- A combination of education and experience that provides an equivalent level of knowledge of ship operations and maintenance management.
- Use of Nautical Systems Software NS5 and its separate dry dock module.
- Familiar with the use of Office 365.
- Familiar with the use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Familiar with directing and interfacing with vender repair personnel, reviewing/analyzing/ responding to repair generated Condition Reports.
- A member of the MEBA union in good standing or willing to become a member.
Patriot is seeking a qualified candidate for a Port Engineer for the MARAD ”Cape V” vessels located in Vidor, TX. The position requires regular on-site attendance 3-5 days a week and emergency attendance as required. The Port Engineer is responsible for the inspection, routine maintenance, maintenance and repair planning and troubleshooting of the vessel’s systems.
- Apply Instructions
Please apply to the following link: https://patriotships.