Marine Technical Superintendent
- Superintendent / Foreman
- USD 8000 + net per month
- Employment type
- Full Time
Education and Experience:
- Suitable applicants should have previous seafaring experience as a Marine Engineer and recent exposure to ISM/SMS management and practices.
- Language: Fluent in English
- Stress tolerance Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational & conflict management ability; able to arbitrate (where necessary) in disputes between groups or individuals
- Ability to lead and inspire, direct general workforce
- Ability to work effectively with different cultures
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
Position: MARINE TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
Location: Lae, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea
To oversee the ISM/SMS and various operational requirements for its diverse fleet of 18 x vessels up to 6000 GRT
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing vessel technical matters, preparation of repairs and drydocking specifications and monitoring of all repairs afloat and in drydock.
- Ship inspections.
- Conduct periodical safety and operational readiness of vessels inspection focusing on compliance with ISM and SMS; Implementation of ISM and quality assurance.
- Perform incident investigations, compliance audit and incident and accident reporting where required.
- Conducts/oversees post-incident investigations to determine root causes of incident. If necessary, attends all hearing, provides recommendations and action plans and follows up to ensure corrective measure are put in place to prevent future incidents.
- Ensure proper coordination between managed Departments and Administration
- Oversees operation of vessels through Port Captains and operational supervision of the marine fleet and crews. Provides leadership for the department, manages budgets, conducts performance assessments and manages employee development.
- Collaborates the development, implementation and maintenance of the marine fleet operational policy – masters standing orders (MSO), standard operating procedures (SOP), and safe working procedures (SOP). Ensures all vessels and crews and prepared for inspection/certification.
- Ensures workplace safety by implementing, maintaining and monitoring the Safety Management System for main vessels and care. Includes regular safety meetings, onboard visits, communications, and other safety protocols.
- Oversees the operations contingency plan and acts as the Incident Commander during emergency and salvage response situations, which includes implementation of the Incident Commander System.
Starting Salary: Negotiable USD8,000.00 - up per month after tax. Suitable accommodation and vehicle provided.
Attractive Leave entitlements.
Bismark Maritime Ltd
Bismark Maritime Limited was established in Papua New Guinea in 1995, concentrating on tug and barge
and landing craft charters.
Since 2010 the group has continued its fleet expansion is a leading industry participant in domestic liner shipping services.
Bismark provides a diverse range of shipping and logistics services including:-
- Liner shipping and charter services.
- Port operations
- Stevedoring services
- Cartage services