Shore End Engineer
- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
SubCom is the leading global partner for undersea data transport requirements. SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, maintains, and operates the most reliable fiber optic cable networks in the industry. Its flexible solutions include repeaterless to ultra-long-haul, offshore oil and gas, scientific applications, and marine services. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery, and meet the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed over 200 networks - enough undersea cable to circle Earth more than 17 times at the equator.
SubCom is currently seeking a Shore End Engineer for the Eatontown, NJ location.
- Supervise as well as perform activities associated with the installation and construction of submarine cable systems and associated land cable routes
- Facilitate the engineering and implementation of Shore End Installations, Pre-laid Shore End Cable Vessel Loading, Near Shore Route Clearance and Post Lay Inspection Burial Operations, Terrestrial Cable Installation, Cable Splicing, Ocean Ground Bed Installation, Testing Operations as well as subcontractor evaluation, selection, and oversight
- Ensure all necessary system and contract requirements are achieved to ensure complete contract compliance, seamless project transitions by personnel, and full inventory accountability
- Conduct site surveys, shore end & terrestrial installations
- Solution engineering, technical documentation development, POW development, functional team coordination, Bids & Proposals support, contract implementation, team building, quality assurance, safety coordination & event tracking
- Interface with all functional engineering groups, Project Management, R&D, Cable Factory, Maintenance, Cable Ships, Cable Depots, and External Contractors
- Perform the engineering, planning, hands-on on cable jointing and testing as well as on-site supervision for shore end and terrestrial cable installation anywhere in the world
- Conduct site surveys and produce the survey report, detailed statements of work and method of procedures, bills of material, request for quotes/information, etc.
- Responsible for frequent customer interface
- Foreign and domestic travel (30-60%) is required
- BS degree in Mechanical, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline
- Construction management or undersea cable experience is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Ability to work under pressured deadlines while remaining positive and flexible
- Ability to function autonomously and to make timely, effective decisions
- Excellent organizational abilities with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- AutoCAD drafting experience is highly preferred
- Ability to pass Fit for Duty medical exam
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
- Apply Instructions