Port Captain/ Ships Agency Operator
- Vessel Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
Port Captain/Ships Agency Operator
Wilhelmsen is a global maritime company with presence in over 2200 locations worldwide. We have a great job opportunity for a Port Captain/Ships Agency Operator in our New York office. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in working as a Port Captain handling Ro Ro vessels and/or boarding vessels as a Ships Agent.
- Attend vessel during cargo operations to coordinate and supervise loading and/or discharging, in accordance with Wilhelmsen Ships Service and customer requirements
- Constructively assist, suggest and contribute to stowage planning, vessel’s stability & voyage planning.
- Liaise with and supervision of Stevedores
- Supervise lashing and cargo securing operation and surveys.
- Streamline cargo operation.
- Liaison with Receivers, Shippers, Owners, Charterers, Master and regulatory bodies.
- Close liaison with Master & crew, stevedores, port authorities or terminal for pre-planning of cargo operation to be carried out in a professional and efficient manner, thus saving time and to avoid complications on the day of operation.
- Scheduled reporting to customers on vessel’s performance and port operations
- Attend and board vessels as required for ships agency Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
- Maritime background and experience from Ship Agency Operations
- Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
- Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written)
- Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement
- Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel
- 24-7 availability
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.