- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Entry level
Willingness to learn to run heavy equipment, or previous experience preferred but not required.
We are Interlake Logistics Solutions an integrated tug barge self loader/unloader that utilizes heavy equipment to move bulk material around the Great Lakes.
Deckhand/OS reports to the Licensed Deck Officers and they will work together to ensure the safe and efficient loading transport and discharge of cargo from the vessel.
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the vessel. Both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Operating the loading and unloading equipment after being properly trained. This equipment includes a large excavator, a payloader, a skid steer and a large portable conveyor.
- Learning Lifeboat stations, fire stations, signals and participating in drills.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary environment aboard the vessel and in the equipment.
- Valid USCG Merchant Mariners Document.
- TWIC Card
- Current Physical
- DOT Drug Screen
- Legally eligible to work in the USA (proof of identity or eligibility required).
The rotation is 28 days on the vessel and 14 off. After completing a 90-day probationary period, your eligible for medical, dental, vision and a 401k plan.
- Apply Instructions
Apply at: "www.ssbadger.com" click on, "Join the Crew" (In the blue bar across the top of the page.) Scroll down to the red box that says "Apply now" View all open positions and click on the job "Deckhand/Ordinary Seaman (OS) - LMC" LMC is an affiliate, please include in your application that you are applying for a position with ILS.