- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Employment type
- Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Summary: Coordinates interdisciplinary engineering functions, performs technical liaison with Delphinus staff, customers, and technical authorities as tasked, and supports repair and installation teams as needed to resolve technical issues. Oversees efficient and timely accomplishment of engineering tasks and functions. Experience with commercial/shipboard fire detection systems, design, and testing requirements is important for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Environmental Qualification Testing (EQT) for U.S. Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) components. Develop test procedures, design functional test systems, witness testing, and prepare test reports. Experience with EQT shock, vibration, and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing is preferred.
- Perform shipchecks, prepare system specifications, and develop design drawings for new installation and modification of existing HM&E systems and components. Experience with commercial/shipboard fire detection systems is preferred.
- Read, interpret, and troubleshoot HM&E systems using various Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), including structural/arrangement drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Develop 2D drawings and 3D models of electrical diagrams, new and modified mechanical components, and equipment foundations.
- Revise and prepare HM&E logistics documentation, including Technical Manuals, Maintenance Requirements Cards (MRCs), parts lists, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise to equipment technical assistance teams in the assessment, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of shipboard fire detection equipment.
- Knowledge of commercial/shipboard fire detection systems, design, and testing requirements.
- One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.
- Experience with 3-D modeling software (e.g., SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.). Experience with 2-D AutoCAD software is a preferred but not required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) as required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Must have or be able to possess a DOD Security Clearance.
- Apply Instructions
Please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org