- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
SubCom is the leading global partner for undersea data transport requirements. SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, maintains, and operates the most reliable fiber optic cable networks in the industry. Its flexible solutions include repeaterless to ultra-long-haul, offshore oil and gas, scientific applications, and marine services. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery, and meet the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed over 200 networks - enough undersea cable to circle Earth more than 17 times at the equator.
SubCom is currently seeking a Transmission Engineer for the Baltimore, MD location.
- Manage contracted personnel
- Write technical Method Of Procedures
- Compile test data to meet contractual deliverable obligations
- Test equipment inventory and calibration management
- Assume responsibilities as the Ship/Shore Power safety officer
The incumbent will assist the Senior Transmission Engineer and at times assume the lead role during the planning stages of a project, which may entail the preparation and shipment of equipment, gathering information relevant to the project and other administrative tasks.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent technical training or work experience
- ISO quality management including DOCS OPEN
- Knowledge of undersea fiber optic cable systems testing and fault locating using (but not limited to) the following equipment: COTDR, OTDR, OSA, DC power plants
- Computer Knowledge: MS Outlook, Word, Excel and specialized test equipment software
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong communication skills
- Applicant must be willing to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time, work unspecified hours and spend weeks/months at sea.
Applicant must be willing to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time, work unspecified hours and spend weeks/months at sea.SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
- Apply Instructions