Service Technician I
- Based on experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide comprehensive service and maintenance on Quantum equipment and third party retrofit conversion equipment.
- Troubleshoot, identify, analyzes, and repair Quantum equipment and third party retrofit conversion equipment.
- Assist, when needed, shipyards and vessel technicians with Quantum equipment installation.
- Utilize hand tools and power tools safely and properly.
- Maintain tools in safe operating conditions.
- Maintain clean, organized, supplied, and in safe operation the assigned individual toolboxes.
- Maintain clean, organized, and supplied, any Job Site Box, or Service Vehicle used.
- Upon inspection and completion of service work, promptly generate Site Visit Reports in accordance with department requirements.
- Generate Equipment Failure Reports as needed and when required.
- After traveling, promptly generate accurate Expense Reports.
- 3-5 years of experience servicing stabilizers on marine vessels is required.
- 3-5 years of experience with electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems on marine vessels is required.
This position requires extensive domestic and international travel, occasionally for extended periods of time. When not working at a customer's site the normal work location will be the main office. A valid passport and driver's license is a requirement of this position.
Service Technicians are integral customer facing employees who are tasked with ensuring the continual operation and service of Quantum Systems worldwide. Service Technicians are involved in installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Quantum systems and retrofit third party equipment associated with marine stabilizer systems. Service Technicians must maintain and enhance the reputation and image of the Company through their dealings with shipyards, vessels, and customers.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. We comply with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws concerning discrimination in employment. Upon request, assistance or accommodations due to disability may be granted, during the application process.
Our benefits package offers:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Full Gym Onsite
We are a drug free workplace!
Quantum Marine Stabilizers
Quantum is a privately held corporation that manufactures roll stabilizer systems for the yachting, military, and commercial markets. Quantum Stabilizer Systems have earned the company a reputation for excellence in design, production, quality, and reliability of operation. Located in a new award-winning headquarter facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Quantum specializes in designing and building vessel stabilizers, and hydraulic power systems. Quantum has an extensive engineering team, manufacturing facility, testing and development departments. Quantum maintains worldwide service and parts including 24-hour customer service and support.