- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
- US Citizen
- Holds or is eligible for a SECRET security clearance
- A minimum of five years of experience as:
- Port Captain; or
- Licensed (preferably unlimited) deck officer as Second Mate or higher ship’s Master or Chief Mate on a USCG unlimited license; or
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree in Marine Transportation and at least three years of documented sailing experience on a USCG unlimited license; or
- Equivalent experience acceptable to the Executive Committee
- Computer literate
- Able to embark and disembark large, high-freeboard vessels via a pilot ladder and/or gangway
The Operations Manager performs problem solving, troubleshooting to ensure the effective operations of vessels, including; providing training and assessments.
Responsibilities & Authorities:
- Performs a wide variety of tasks relating to the safe and efficient operation of the vessels under PCS’s management.
- Performs as the PCS FSO (see separate job description)
- Assists in the identification of Senior Officers to fill vacant positions
- Member of the Human Resources Committee
- Assists Program Managers in ensuring that vessels are operated in accordance with the contracts PCS has with its customers.
- Assists Program and Contract Managers in the management of Deck Department functions aboard PCS vessels.
- Maintains contact with vessel Masters/OICs/CMs.
- Assists the Director of Labor, Port Captain, and Program Managers in Labor Relations and Crewing processes.
- Works with the training schools and with government training organizations to improve the efficiency of the training processes.
- Assists Payroll, Purchasing, and Claims personnel with vessel specific questions
- Member of the Incident Response Team
- Apply Instructions
Please apply by using the following URL: