- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
Moran Towing Corporation (www.morantug.com), a leading tug and barge services company with locations spanning the U.S Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, has great job opportunities for full-time Tractor Tug Licensed Mates (Ship Docking) at Moran Towing Lake Charles, LLC in Cameron, LA. Reporting directly to the Captain, the Mate is second in command. As a supervisor, all crew members are subject to the Mate’s orders.
• Carry out all of the Captain’s lawful orders and report unsafe situations or opportunities for improvement as mandated in the Safety Management System
• Consult with the Captain re: vessel operations, specifically if unsure about how to handle a situation, and immediately report any violation or breach of regulations or Company policy to the Captain
• Undertake maintenance responsibilities under the Captain’s direction, delegating responsibilities to other crew as required
• Assist with crew training.
Required Qualifications: USCG license as Mate on tugs over 250 grt. Near Coastal; experience ship docking with Azimuthing Stern Drive tugs; and TWIC, with STCW preferred.
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Moran offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- Apply Instructions
To be considered for this job, qualified, interested applicants must apply online under “Careers” at www.morantug.com by submitting a resume and cover letter with the subject line “Tractor Tug Mate, Moran Towing Lake Charles” by June 15, 2018.