Business Development Coordinator
- Project Engineering / Project Management
- Employment type
- Full Time
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is a professional position responsible for; maintaining information systems such as marketing text library, staff resumes, and other systems; reviewing and editing proposals as well as coordinating and assemble brochures and other marketing materials. They will manage our social media presence which includes creating and posting regular content, engaging with followers as necessary, and developing content strategies. The BDC may assist the Senior Business Development Manager in creating the annual marketing plan and support proposal preparation. They will also support certain updates and entries related to our client contact database system (CRM).
- Maintains and updates marketing resumes for technical and executive staff.
- Maintains and updates the marketing text library.
- Assists in preparation, editing, and final assembly of proposals, marketing documents, and events.
- Assembles and edits PowerPoint presentations as directed by the Senior Business Development Manager
- Provides editing support for technical papers in compliance with EBDG and/or technical society requirements.
- Revises document drafts, verifying non-technical content and ensuring correct grammar and message flow.
- Creates press releases and content for EBDG's social media platforms
- Develops and nurtures positive relationships with new and prospective clients.
- Organizes, manages, and prepares for trade show activities, including registration, travel arrangements, and booth shipment.
- Works with Technical staff to assist in writing technical papers.
- Enforces document version control.
- Supports EBDG staff in special projects and initiatives.
- Supports other administrative activities as needed.
- Engages with all EBDG staff and clients in a cooperative, professional, and supportive manner.
- Maintains an open mind and respect for the ideas of others.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow daily and freely shares their own knowledge and experience with their fellow staff.
- Responds timely to all questions and requests.
- Communicates clearly using all EBDG standard tools and processes.
- Presents EBDG in a positive light in all client engagements.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor whenever representing EBDG.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher: BA/MA, BS/MS from an accredited school – Preferred.
- Marine or engineering industry applicable business development or sales certification – desired but not required.
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience. Maritime experience a plus.
- Strong leader with a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to initiate and grow relationships with clients and partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and CRM software.
- Work is primarily done in a climate-controlled office (on-site or remotely) with moderate noise levels.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Business development activities may require occasional visits to shipyards and other industrial environments.
- Standard hours, plus evening and weekend work including work-related events.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to EBDG's work on Government Contracts.
- Successful completion of drug testing is conditional requirement of the employment process.
- Physical requirements of the position include regularly required to talk or hear, vision capabilities, as well as the ability to frequently stand; walk; and use hands; fingers and arms. Additional abilities include sitting, climbing and balancing, as well the ability to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
EBDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of, and will not be discriminated against, based on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
- Apply Instructions