- Rank: Cruise Staff
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jun 15, 2022
- Type of Vessel: Passenger Ship
- Engine Details: Wartsila 12V-32
This position assists the Broadcast Manager in providing television and “radio” programming. Onboard television and radio broadcasts consist of a mix of pre-recorded and/or live material. Sources of broadcast material include satellite programming, terrestrial broadcasts, pre-recorded content, and live content. Live content can be from a satellite feed or from a lecture or show taking place onboard the ship.
“Radio” programming can consist of satellite or terrestrial radio broadcasts, or pre-recorded material played back onboard. This includes in cabin music channels and the background music distributed around the ship via the ship’s PA system.
- Equivalent in Media Arts, Film, Entertainment Studies, or other similar disciplines
- Certified or strong acknowledge on video software editors: Avid media composer - Adobe premier, also basic knowledge in adobe photoshop and after effects is a bonus.
- Video / TV or broadcasting industry
- Knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems
- Experience in filming field, cameras setups (white balance, aperture, lightning, sound equipment / mic's) operate HDV Sony Cam.
- Familiar with the various distribution platform of television programming like Interactive TV Systems, IPTV, Video Stream, Video-on-Demand and Cable TV.
- Knowledge and experience on how to operate and troubleshoot a Satellite TVRO Systems, knowledge and experience in handling satellite equipment preferred.
- Familiar with fiber optics preferred.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.