- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Entry level
Moran Towing Corporation (www.morantug.com), a leading tug and barge services company with locations spanning the U.S Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, has great job opportunities for full-time Able Bodied AB Seamen at Moran Towing Lake Charles, LLC in Cameron, LA. An Able Bodied Seaman (AB) reports to the Captain and Mate as appropriate.
AB Seaman’s responsibilities include:
• Carry out vessel and equipment cleaning and maintenance, so must be thoroughly familiar with the vessel’s equipment
• Perform duties safely and efficiently and report unsafe situations or opportunities for improvement
• Act as lookout and work on deck, including ship docking and tug mooring operations
• Conduct engine room rounds as required.
Required Qualifications: USCG AB certification; and TWIC with STCW preferred.
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Moran offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- Apply Instructions
- To be considered for this job, qualified, interested applicants must apply online under “Careers” at www.morantug.com by submitting a resume and cover letter with the subject line “Able Bodied Seaman” by June 15, 2018.