- Vessel Operations
To obtain a leadership deck officer position as Third Mate, mate, safety, on Unlimited tons vessel, and/or as master/captain, chief mate, up to 200 tons Open Oceans on USA flagged vessels. To work aboard or ashore side.
- EDUCATION- COLOMBIAN NAVY ACADEMY (Cartagena, Colombia)
- Master /Captain Merchant Marine, Unlimited Tons. STCW II/2, from Colombia, Panamá, and Bahamas
- Bachelor degree in Naval Engineer Electronic, and Nautical Sciences
- Post graduated in Human Resources Management.
- Star Center and M.P.T. Dania, FL. IMO courses : USCG Third Mate Unlimited and Master 200 ton.
- MASTER / CAPTAIN LICENSES, ENDORSEMENTS AND CREDENTIALS
- U.S.C.G. Merchant Marine Officer: Third Mate unlimited Tons Open Oceans / PIC Tankerman
- U.S.C.G. U.S. Merchant Mariner Master / Captain up to 200 Tons Open Oceans, 500 tons Int.
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s License, Federal Communication Commission. 02/21/2012
- COLOMBIAN Master/Captain Merchant Marine Class A STCW II/2, Unlimited tons, License endorsements as Master/Captain, GMDSS GOC, and SSO Ship Security Officer, issued by Panama, and The Bahamas maritime authorities. Allow me to work on any foreign flag vessels, kind and size.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (work history aboard some vessels and ashore side)
1. MMS Marine Management Services and CROWLEY. Since September 10, 2015 contracts on board M/V Mystic Viking IMO 8209377 DP2 DSV Diving Support Vessel on offshore projects Golf of Mexico.
2. International Shipping Partners = FleetPro Passenger Ship Management. Miami, FL. “Contract” From: March 2003 to July 2015 Safety Officer / Chief Officer on Cruise passenger vessels and water taker ship. : M/V St. Tropez, Royal Star, Palm Beach Princess, Sea Voyager, M/V Sea Spirit, M/V Saint Laurent, M/V Nova Star (Ro-Ro passenger ferry vessel), and Tanker ship M/V Titas
- Second in command Safety and security operation of the vessel, ship inspection and maintenance, training, ISM and ISPS /SSO management; OOW Navigation officer, deck and bridge equipment inspections, maintenance and operations.
- performed usual functions as Safety Deck Officer aboard cruise vessel; In charge of LSA Life Saving Appliance, FP-FF Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting system and equipment, safety inspections, maintenance and working plan. Passenger shipboard safety training, vessel familiarization and training on all over safety operation of the equipment.
- Muster list, shipboard safety organization, emergency, fire, abandon ship, contingency plans, and drills.
- Performed ISM-SMS safety, ISPS Security, training, implementation, drills, and vessel preparation.
Relief Master/Captain of M/V Betty K. VI, Panama flag, General cargo and container vessel
- Performed usual functions as Master/Captain aboard M/V Betty K. Sailing twice a week from Miami, FL. USA to Nassau, and Abaco Bahamas.
- In charge of safety and security operation of the vessel, the cargo, and crew.
- In compliance of flag, national and international marine regulations such as: SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC-2006, ISM, ISPS, navigation, maneuvers, maintenance loading and discharging cargo.
4. (Schuyler Line & SeaBulk Tankers, Inc. Contract : From Oct 13, 2013 to December 6, 2013)
AB on board M/V EOT Spar, USA flag, container vessel
- Performed usual functions as AB crossing the Atlantic Ocean West to East from Norfolk, VA to West Africa (Senegal, Guinea-Bissau and Sierra Leone), then from Dakar, Africa to Beaumont, TX. USA.
AB / Tankerman PIC on SS The Monseigneur, GT 23543, USA flag, Oil Tanker Ship
- Transferring, loading, discharging, and carrying DLC Dangerous Liquid Cargoes; hoses connections, mooring, steering, deck systems and equipment inspections, operations and maintenance, lookout, N.W.
6. Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Fort Lauderdale, FL. “Contract” Oct/2008 – Mar/2009
Safety Officer of M/V Regal Empress, GT 21909, Bahamas flag, Cruise- Passenger vessel
- Performed usual functions as Safety Deck Officer aboard cruise vessel.
- In charged of LSA Life Saving Appliance, FP-FF Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting system and equipment, safety inspections, maintenance and safety operations.
- Passenger shipboard safety training, vessel familiarization and safety operation of the equipment.
- Muster list, shipboard safety, emergency, fire, abandon ship, contingency plans, and drills.
- Performed ISM-SMS safety, ISPS Security, training, drills, and maintenance activities as per plans.
7. Las Vegas Casino Lines Jacksonville, FL. “Contract” Jan/2008 – Aug/2008
Master/Captain of M/V Liquid Vegas, GT 2040, St. Vincent & Grenadines flag, Cruise Casino vessel
- Performed usual functions as Master/Captain aboard cruise casino vessel. In charge of safety and security operation of the vessel, the passenger and crew. Conducted vessel inspections, and general maintenance as per shipboard plans in compliance with SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Lines, STCW, ISM-SMS Safety, ISPS Security, international, flag, class, and USCG regulations and requirements.
8. Aquasino South Beach Miami Beach, FL. “Contract” Mar/2007 – Jul/2007
Safety Officer of M/V Aquasino GT 3834, USA Flag Cruise- casino vessel
- In charge of LSA Life Saving Appliance, FP-FF Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting system and equipment, safety inspections, maintenance and safety equipment operations. All over ISM and ISPS
- Passenger shipboard safety training, vessel familiarization and training on safety operation of the equipment. Muster list, shipboard safety, emergency, fire, abandon ship, contingency plans, and drills.
9. Tenmark Marine & Seahawk North America Tampa, FL. “ Contract” Oct/2006 – Feb/2007
Master/Captain of M/V Casino Royale, GT 8511, Bahamas flag, Cruise Casino vessel
10. Tenmark Marine, Inc. Saint Petersburg, FL. “ Contract” May /2005 – Dec/2005
Master/Captain of M/V Ocean Jewel, GT 12800, St. Vincent and Grenadines flag, Cruise Casino vessel
- Performed usual functions as Master/Captain on cruise casino vessels M/V Ocean Jewel and MV Casino
- in charge of safety and security operation of the vessel, the passengers and crew.
11. ISP International Shipping partners Miami, FL. “ Contract” Jun /2004 – Jan/2005
I.S.P. Manager Human Resources, headquarter in Miami, FL. (Ashore side work)
Management HR projects. Selection and Crewing for 12 cruise passenger vessels, Officers and rating. for deck and engine department. Followed the vessel’s budget, and STCW requirements during incorporation process.
- OTHERS COURSES IN MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMIES : I.M.O., and S.T.C.W. 78/95
- Able Seaman Master / Mate 100 and 200 Tons; App. USCG Course, Maritime Professional Training
- Instructor, Supervisor and assessor (Train The Trainer) RTM –STAR CENTER 01/2006
- Company and Ship Security Officer course; I.M.O. Model 3.19 & 3.20 At STAR CENTER and IMO 3.27
Security Awareness A-VI/6-1, and IMO 3.26 A-VI/6-2. Security Training at AVANTE October 28/ 2015
- Tank ship Dangerous Liquid Person in Charge PIC, MPT. And Oil Tanker Familiarization, I.M.O. 1.01
- First Aid & CPR. I.M.O. Model course 1.13 Maritime Professional Training 10/20/2010
- Personal survival Techniques. I.M.O. Model 1.19, Maritime Professional Training 10/19/2010
- Basic fire Fighting & Prevention, I.M.O. Model 1.20, Maritime Professional Training 10/22/2010
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility. I.M.O. 1.21; Maritime Professional Training 10/19/2010
- Bridge Resource Management. Maritime Professional Training 08/24/2011
- ECDIS Electronic Chart Display Information Systems, Star Center, January 13, 2012
- Proficiency in survival Craft & Rescue Boats. I.M.O. Model 1.23; MPT and IBERCOL October/2015
- GMDSS Global Maritime Distress & Safety System G. operator’s GOC IMO-1.25 MPT 2/17/2012
- ARPA Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) IMO 1.07 -1.08. STAR CENTER. FL. 11/02/2012
- 1- day Radar Observer Recertification. RTM –STAR CENTER. FL.05/07/2012
- Basic and Advanced Shipboard Firefighting IMO Model 2.03 STAR CENTER/RESOLVE 1/20/2012
- Medical First Aid provider. I.M.O. Model course 1.15; MPT 01/04/2006 and AVANTE October/2015
- Crowd and Crisis Management & Human Behavior. for Pax vessels. Maritime Professional Training
- USCG Commercial Assistance Towing endorsement; Maritime Professional Training.
- Terrestrial & Coastal Navigation MPT 03/ 28/ 2014 - Celestial Navigation MPT 103 MPT 01/22/ 2015
- SKILLS: 1) Human Resources management, shipboard passenger ship safety trainer. 2) Bilingual: English and Spanish” 3) Computer operator: Internet, (Microsoft Office: word, excel, and power point). 4) Planning, execution and control projects, budgets, maintenance and working plans. 5) Analytical skills, strong work, ethic, honesty and integrity.