I see a job as a Third Mate as an outstanding entry into the maritime industry and I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the safe and effective operation of a vessel.
Sailed as a Deck Cadet, for a total of 305 days, carrying out shipboard duties such as bridge watch, cargo watch, piloting, mooring, and deck-hand seamanship onboard:
MV Seabulk Pride Product Tanker US Shipping 2008
MV Mississippi Voyager Product Tanker Chevron 2007/2008
MV Cape Orlando MSC ROS RORO MSC 2007
SS Argonaut Container Vessel Maersk 2006/2007
• Conscientiousness watch stander in port and at sea. Discovered an oil spill while pier side in Valdez, Alaska. Immediately reported the spill and assisted in containment and cleanup procedures.
• Assisted in preparing the ship for operation in pirate-infested waters. Stood security watches underway.
• Took swift and immediate action to protect vital electronic equipment after loss of the ship’s plant while underway in the Gulf of Aden.
• Assisted in the handling and preparation of paperwork for USCG inspections.
• Recorded dock and water condition prior to mooring, noting existing oil sheen.
Education: United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, New York
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Logistics and Intermodal Transportation
License: Third Mate, Steam or Motor Vessels of any tonnage
Certifications: Tankerman PIC DL; Tankerman Assistant LG; Inert Gas; COW, SST, CBRD, STCW
Computer Skills: Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint