terminal operator/ tally clerk/ documenting
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- ) ENL owns the largest berth in the whole of West Africa and they won an award in year 2015 in Dubai. They deal in bulk cargo, container cargo and general cargo and reefers vessel( fish or meat) I work as a terminal operator/ sea freight staff My duties are as follows;
1. When the ship berth, my duty as a terminal operator is to go on board and get the cargo manifest and stowage plan of the vessel from the captain or chief mate
2. Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system.
3. Contact vendors and/or claims adjustment departments in order to resolve problems with shipments, or contact service depots to arrange for repairs.
4. Determine method of shipment, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
5. Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated marshalling areas, and help load and unload goods safely.
6. Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
7. Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by using a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
8. Estimate freight or postal rates, and record shipment costs and weights.
9. Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
10. Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
11. Negotiate and arrange transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
12. Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of the arrival of freight or baggage, and arrange for delivery
13. Retrieve stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary.
14. Assemble containers and crates used to transport items such as machines or vehicles.
15. Attach address labels, identification codes, and shipping instructions to containers.
16. Coordinate and supervise activities of workers engaged in packing and shipping merchandise
17. Inspect trucks and vans to ensure cleanliness when shipping such items as grain, flour, and milk
18. Install straps, braces, and padding to loads in order to prevent shifting or damage during shipment.
19. Maintain a supply of packing materials
20. Open cargo containers and unwrap contents, using steel cutters, crowbars, or other hand tools.
21. Pack goods for shipping, using tools such as staplers, strapping machines, and hammers
22. Prepare manifests showing baggage, mail, and freight weights, and number of passengers on airplanes, and transmit data to destinations.
23. Arrange insurance coverage for goods.
24. Shovel loose materials into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers.
25. Send samples of merchandise to quality control units for inspection.
26. Advise clients on transportation and payment methods.
- • Excellent communication skills, developed through experience in [retail, customer service, telemarketing and as a sea freight officer • Proficient computer literacy proven through work experience in [Front desk IT, Microsoft office, spreadsheet tab 2 years by 2016
terminal operator/ tally clerk/ documenting at enl consortium ltd
bachelor in economics
economics minor in logistics at assumption university( thailand)2010 - 2018
- bachelor in economics
- diploma in system engineer Jan 2010