wish To Teach at maritime academy, USA, euorpe, or worldwide
1. CURRENT : From july 2003 till date- self employed with family business of lubricants. Completing MBA Finance course at New Delhi for business knowledge.
2. Technical Manager at Japan : august-2000 to June 2003. Joined MMS Co. Ltd, Tokyo as Technical superintendent. Lived in Japan with family and worked in Tokyo office. The company operates a fleet of 40 ships, Accredited with ISO9002 status. Rank- Sr. Technical Superintendent for ships.
Duties -Budgeting, spares supply, repairs management, Dry-docking of ships, technical advice, ship inspections. Internal audits of vessels under ISO 9002. Attending new delivery of ships, sea-trials at shipbuilding yard. Imparting initial and onboard training to ship’s crew.
3. Marine engineer from 1987 till 2000 : Started sea career in Jan’1987 as 5th engineer with Great Eastern Shipping co., Mumbai. Promoted to successive ranks. Chief engineer on ships from 1997 to year 2000. Duties -maintenance engineer on board ships, in-charge of engine department.. As a shipboard engineer gained good experience in Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery- Large diesel engines, Generators, rotary machines, compressors and pumps.
4. Business- From July ’92 to Aug’94 Operated own business in Sales of lubricants and industrial oil in North India region. Handled - Sales, Production, Taxation issues, sourcing of material, transportation and logistics.
1. Schooling from St. Xavier’s high school, New Delhi. India.
2.B.Tech. in Marine Engineering- from Dec 1982 to Dec 1986. Four year degree course at Directorate of Marine Engineering Training (DMET), Calcutta, INDIA. Standing- 2nd in rank with 80% marks.
3.Completed MBA finance course at IGNOU -New Delhi, India, Received PGDIM (diploma) and full completion in Nov. 2009.
1. Obtained Class II MoT Certificate of competency (2nd engineers) at India, in 1989.
2. Obtained Class I MoT Certificate of competency (Chief engineers) at India, -1991.
Completed safety courses, firefighting, survival at sea, PSSR, tanker safety.
Top Technical skills:
Strong academic background in college. Able to handle foll subjects with ease. Thermodynamics, mechanics, naval architecture, Marine auxiliaries, Marine electricity.
As ship manager foll skills applied:
Budgeting, stores, spares, supplies.
Repairs management, Preventive maintenance schedules.
Dry-docking of ships.
Technical advice to ships. Regular inspections, monitoring conditions of machinery. Internal audits of ships documentation. Attending delivery of ships at shipbuilding yard. Imparting initial training to crew at vessel delivery. Motivation of ships crew for better ship operation.
Dealing with multinational crew. As a shipboard engineer gained good experience in Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting
of various machinery- Large diesel engines, Generators, Rotary machines, compressors, purifiers, and pumps. Liaison with class surveyors, safety and certification.
Experience on engines- MAN B&W, Sulzer, Pielstick, Yanmar, Daihatsu.
Top Non technical skills:
Languages- English, Hindi and Japanese.
Travel worldwide. Computers daily usage, MS Word/ Excel and email applications.
Easy to get along with people of different nationality.
MBA : Recently completed MBA in Finance by distance learning for further advancement.
Experience detail as Technical superintendent.
Incharge of four vessels in technical department
a. Two vessels -Product tankers- of 40,000 dwt trading in far east, Australia. Chartered by Oil majors. b. Two other vessels- Car carriers, Mitsui charter.
Duties include: dry docking complete quotations, execution and cost negotiations.
daily supervision, supply of stores.
Purchasing and budgeting, Annual reports and vessel visits. Annual reports and vessel visits. Internal audits of ships documentation (ISM). Monitoring PSC deficiencies, USCG inspection. Arranging repairs and spares.
Crew monitoring and evaluation. Dealing with multinational crew. Technical advice on daily basis. Making planned maintenance schedule for chief engr. Attending new delivery vessels at shipyard. Liaison with class surveyors, safety and certification.