Seeking job opportunity as a Marine Technical Superintendent, Consultant, Inspector or Surveyor with opportunity for growth and increased responsibility.
Consultant /Inspector /Surveyor – 1997 to Present
- On behalf of mortgage banks and third parties have inspected over 100 vessels towards pre-purchase, condition survey, finance risk assessment and Hull & Machinery damages.
- Have been involved with take-over of several vessels for the mortgage banks.
- Carried out P&I entry and routine vessel condition surveys for The Standard.
- On behalf of third parties, attended their vessels for carrying out preliminary PSC inspection and internal SMC & ISPS audits.
- On behalf of US Maritime Administration (Marad) attended their naval vessels before and during mothballing for engine performance monitoring.
- On request of Environment Health and Safety department of a major cruise line (Carnival Cruise Lines), took part in technical audits of their new passenger vessels to improve their safety standards.
- Assisted an Arctic and Antarctic expedition cruise company (Quark Expeditions) with PSC issues of their vessels.
- Assisted a Casino boat operating company (La Cruise, Jacksonville) with their vessel’s technical and ISM issues.
Marine Technical Superintendent - July 1996 to June 2011
Worked for Ravenscroft Ship Management, Miami, Florida for fifteen years as a Technical Superintendent for their owned vessels and vessels being managed for third parties.
- Technical Superintendent in charge of bulk carriers, OBOs, oil tankers, dry-cargo vessels and containers vessels (Maersk and MSC Lines).
- Involved with all aspects of ship management including planning, budgeting, operations, daily-reporting, dry-docking repairs, miscellaneous repairs and vessel upgrades. Active liaison with class, flag, PSC, Coast Guards, P&I, H&M, regulatory bodies, contractors, vendors, ship’s agents and outside authorities.
- Prompt attendance and follow up on pending items of surveys, audits and inspections with corrective and preventive actions.
- System Administrator and in-charge of ABS SafeNet database system for fleet wide purchasing and vessel maintenance program. Initiated the system from inception to final commissioning and successful implementation.
- From 2005 to 2007 was designated Back-up Company Security Officer for company’s cruise shipping division.
- Was responsible for major deck and engine refurbishment of a famous French passenger cruise vessel (Renaissance) including installation of its first new bow thruster. The vessel was subsequently operated around the Mediterranean, Baltic and Black Sea ports.
- From 2002 to 2005 was Back-up Company Security Officer for company’s cargo fleet division and in charge of company’s HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) department with direct reporting to VP Ship Management. Monitored and ensured implementation of ISO /ISM Code in the office and on board fleet vessels, maintained database of Incident reports and conducted regular safety inspections and internal audits of the office and the fleet.
Shipboard Experience - 1976 to 1992
- Started sea career with India’s Shipping Corporations of India as a Fifth Engineer in September 1976.
- Subsequently sailed on foreign flag vessels and was promoted to Chief Engineer in August 1982.
- Sailed on foreign going vessels: mainly Oil-Bulk-Ore carriers, bulk carriers, tankers, specialized gantry equipped container vessels and general cargo vessels.
- As Port Engineer with a Hong Kong based company was involved with commissioning and takeover of new container vessels from Gibraltar shipyard.
- Was involved with installation of bow thrusters on two vessels.
- As representative of a mortgage bank was involved with repossession of three vessels.
MBA - University of San Francisco, California – 1994
Majored in Finance with specialization in Operations Management
DMET - Marine College Graduate (Directorate of Marine Engr. Training), India - 1976
Graduated with distinction from India’s foremost Marine Engineering College
- Marine Chief Engineer License - Ocean going Class I, Diesel Motor, Unlimited HP – 1982
- Chartered Engineer (India), Member of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Certified Internal Auditor Course - Safety and Quality Management System with DNV and BV
- Certified Company Security Officer - ABS
- Risk Assessment Training course - DNV
- Proficient with computers and all major word processing and spread-sheet programs.
- Experienced with ABS SafeNet vessel Planned Maintenance and Purchasing program. Basic knowledge of AMOS system.
- Good organizational and communication skills. Goal oriented team leader with proven achievement.
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual with high integrity.
- Very active and energetic. 5 K and half marathon runner.
- US Citizen