- Project Engineering / Project Management
Civil Engineering, University of Houston
Vocational Drafting, Houston Technical Institute
Summary of Experience
34 years of experience in structural steel design and drafting for offshore and onshore projects. Experienced in various (CAD) computer-aided drafting software systems, including Computervision, Mimech, PDMS, Draft, Triton, Intergraph, and AutoCAD Release 2013. Proven Team Leader for past 15 years with ability to handle multiple jobs running concurrently. Good people person who works well with everyone. Problem solver on multi-phase projects with the ability to foresee and mitigate installation and fabrication problems during design.
OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING, LLC - Oct. 2006 – present -
Lead Structural Designer/Structural Design Supervisor
Drafting Supervisor and Team Leader at OFD responsible for all modeling and drawing production for various projects using PDMS and AutoCad 2013. Responsible for initial job estimates of manhours required and schedule and deliverables for proposals. Responsible for developing PDMS for Structural design at OFD including project execution plan for PDMS, naming conventions, and checking procedures for PDMS/AutoCAD interface.
- Leviathan PRMP Feed, Offshore Israel – 87 meter Jacket and Deck Main Steel. All drawings produced from PDMS Draft module. Provided Go-By drawings for Bid structural packages.
- Walter Oil & Gas Field Development, Coelacanth Project, Ewing Bank 834 - 1189 foot Jacket Main Steel and Appurtenances. All drawings produced from PDMS Draft module for this project with Isometrics for all pipe including Risers, I-Tubes, Flooding & grout lines.
- Tamar Gas Field Development, Offshore Israel - Structural design of 778 foot Jacket Main Steel and Appurtenances, including 16 Risers, 2 J-Tubes, 4 I-Tubes, Overboard Casings with supports.
- Castor Underground Gas Storage Development, Offshore Spain - Quarters & Utilities Platform Jacket & Decks.
- Texas Offshore Oil Port Project, High Island Blk 130-A -Platform Jacket & Decks.
- Helix Noonan & Danny Project, East Cameron Blk 381-A - 446’ W.D. revamp of topsides deck for Drilling and Production Platform.
- Helix Producer I Project, FPU K5000- Topsides Modules on Floating Production Unit.
AKERKVAERNER – Jan 2002 to Oct 2006 - Designer/Team Leader
Served as Team Leader responsible for all modeling and drawing production for various PDMS projects. Proven leader received letter for superior job White Rose project.
- Exxon Mobile ALNG Project, Gravity Based Structure- Team leader and checker for topsides Modules and Flare Boom on Gravity Based Concrete Structure to produce Liquified Natural Gas.
- AMKC White Rose Project Newfoundland, FPSO- Served as a pipe support lead designer at AMKC Newfoundland. Responsible for increasing drawing production in PDS for pipe supports on topsides Modules on Floating and Production Ship. Coordinated with piping and interfaced with other disciplines to streamline checking procedures and increased drawing production by 400%.
- Exxon Mobile Sable Island Project, Compression Deck - Compression Deck and Bridge at Sable Island.
KAEVERNER ENERCON – 2001 to 2002 - Team Leader
- Samedan Mari-B Field Development Offshore Israel - Served as Team Leader at Enercon, responsible for all modeling and drawing production of 773’ W.D. Jacket and topsides deck for Drilling and Production Platform for first time PDMS project at Enercon. Responsible for training new designers in PDMS in order to carry out project. Co-ordination of schedule and personnel as well as interface with other disciplines.
Brown & Root Energy Services –1997 to 2001 - Team Leader
Team leader responsible for all modeling and drawing production in various Triton and PDMS projects.
- Pemex Cantarell EPC-22 Platform Bay of Campeche Mexico - Production and Compression Platforms. Responsible for clash resolution of Structural Model as well as documentation and release of information to fabrication team atGreens Bayou Fabrication Yard.
- Malampaya Platform Palawan Island, Philippines – 50Mx90M floatover topsides deck for Gas production in the Philippines as well as engineering drawing deliverables. Co-ordination of schedule and personnel as well as interface with other disciplines in Model reviews to resolve design problems. Worked with Shell client representative to ensure good design practices in development of structure. Responsible for assembling team of designers both local and from UK office to finish job in Singapore.
- Exxon Sable Island Nova Scotia Gas Complex - Triton Operator/Designer/Checker - Appurtenances and main steel for Thebaud Platform in Triton. Checked all stair drawings as well as the PDMS model for the job.
Mcdermott Engineering Co. - 1997 – 1997 - Operator/Designer/Checker
- Texaco-Petronius Tower, Viosca Knoll Blk. 786 - Working as a checker responsible for all fabrication and installation drawings for top and bottom sections of the Petronius Tower in 1740' water depth.
Shell Oil Co. - 1992 – 1997 - Cad Operator/Designer/Team Leader
- Ursa - Tension Leg Platform Mississippi Canyon Blk 809 - Quarters Module for the TLP using 3-D modeling in Pdms and AutoCAD release 12 as well as Draft to produce stress-skin drawings for the project.
- 8 - Leg Jacket, Main Pass Block "252" Gulf of Mexico - Pulltubes, padeyes and other appurtenances for installation of Shell's Main Pass Gulf of Mexico project using PDMS Design to model the jacket and PDMS Draft to produce all drawings.
- Ram-Powell - Tension Leg Platform, Viosca Knoll Blk. 956 - Drilling and Power Modules using 3-D modeling in PDMS Design and Autocad release 12. Duties included all modeling of the structure both main steel and stiffeners and installation aids.
- Mars - Tension Leg Platform, Mississippi Canyon Blk.807 - PDMS Design and AutoCAD release 12 as well as PDMS Draft to produce stress-skin drawings for the project.
- China Orient 8 - Leg Pecten, Drilling and Production Platform - CAD Operator/Designer responsible for design and drafting of jacket and appurtenances for China Orient project using PDMS Design to model the jacket and AutoCAD release 10 to produce all drawings.
Shell Oil Co. - 1991 – 1992 – CAD Operator/Designer
- Auger - Tension Leg Platform, Gulf of Mexico Garden Banks - Responsible for revisions done to stress-skin drawings for TLP hull and deck using PDMS Design and AutoCAD release 10 for new drawings. Also worked on a subsea template for the TLP using 3-D modeling in PDMS.
Hudson Engineering Co. - 1990 - 1991 -Structural Designer
- Marathon Oil - Drilling & Production Platform - Responsible for design and drawing of jacket & joint details on the board. Also did some checking.
Shell Oil Co. - 1990 CAD Operator/Designer
- Auger - Tension Leg Platform, Gulf of Mexico Garden Banks - Responsible for main steel drawings for TLP hull using PDMS Design 3-D to model main steel and stair landings on outside of Hull and Schema for 2-D stress-skin drawings.
McDermott , Inc. - 1987 - 1990 - CAD Operator/Senior Draftsman
- Kaneka Texas Corp. Chemical Plant Expansion Project - Responsible for design and drafting of foundation and steel detail drawings for plant expansion. Duties included taking field measurements at plant for pipe racks and foundations for access platforms.
- 4 - Pile Drilling and Production Jacket, Walter Oil & Gas Corporation – CAD Operator - Responsible for design and preparation of jacket elevations, framing plans, boat landings, pull tubes and barge bumpers using Mimech Draughting System.
Milam Design, Manitex Inc. - 1987 - Mechanical Designer
- Responsibilities included layouts and wellment drawings for cranes. Also prepared schematics of valves, winches, engine and hydraulic equipment for cranes.
Brown & Root Inc. - 1980 - 1986 –Senior Draftsman
- Responsible for preparation of construction drawings for various offshore drilling and production platforms on the board. Worked also in conjunction with the piping group on structural and composite drawings for a service barge and an electromagnetic pulse barge for the U.S. Navy.
- Also worked in the CAD department on flowsheets for an Exxon project cogeneration power plant, in California. Worked on foundation and steel detail drawings for Nacosa Edward Pulp and Paper Plant Ashdown Arkansas, and Amerada Hess Petro-Chem Plant, Abudabi.