To pursue a long term career in Shipping & International trade and develop necessary skills to achieve leadership position.
1) Leo Shipping LLC, Dubai - Asst Manager - Chartering & operations - July 2007 – Till date
Leo Shipping is a ship management company involved in commercial management of dry bulk ships. The company had under its management 28 ships amounting to 1 million deadweight before recession. The company has at present 5 ships under its management. Leo Shipping is also actively involved in dry cargo broking for close local and international charterers/owners.
• Fixing in house ships on period / voyage / trip charter with local and international charterers
• Sourcing suitable ships from the market for close charterers requirements
• Preparation of voyage estimates to short list best possible cargos / vessels
• Consulting and discussing with clients to prepare offer
• Negotiate main terms to conclude fixture
• Negotiate charter party terms
• Co-ordinate with charterers / ship owners / brokers / agents and pass on relevant information to concerned parties
• Anticipate and analyze operational issues and act proactively to avoid potential disputes for successful completion of fixture
• Co-ordinate with routing agencies to monitor ship performance
• Preparation of charter party
• Preparation of hire / freight / brokerage invoices and chasing relevant parties for funds
• Preparation and finalization of account / laytime calculations for closing of file
Meeting existing and potential customers on a regular basis to canvass business.
2) Samsara Shipping Pvt Ltd, Mumbai- Management Executive -
July 2005 – July 2007
Samsara Shipping Pvt. Ltd. is a pan India ship agency house belonging to the well known ‘Al Sharaf’ group of Dubai.
1 year exposure at Goa branch which handles port agency work for dry bulk ships calling at Mormugao, Panaji, Redi, Karwar and Belekeri ports.
• Estimation of initial Port Disbursement A/C to load / discharge particular cargo
• Provide information to ship owners about port restrictions, port infrastructure, avg. stay of a ship, port vessel line up
• Liaison with Port officials, Custom authorities, Stevedores, shipper/receiver to ensure fast turnaround of the vessel
• Monitor cargo operation and update principals about ship performance
• Finalise ship disbursement account
Ship broking & Chartering
• Collect ship positions of all Indian ports and find out head owners / disponent owners for the same. Contact these owners and offer various cargos.
• Prepare match list between cargos and ships received from the market
• Coordinating with 40 branches for various reports.
• Collating and analyzing the reports for effective management decision making process.
Systematic exposure to various departments of break bulk shipping and container shipping.
Systematic exposure to ‘Afsys’, an oracle based ERP package of Samsara Shipping.
• PG Diploma in international Business and Marketing – ICIB, Pune, 2005.
• BE Production Engineering – Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur, 2002
• Pursuing Professional Qualification Course of Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, London (MICS)
Presentation Skill, Team Spirit, Interpersonal and Networking ability, Data analysis and interpretation, Dedication, Perseverance, Ability to handle pressure situation, Firm belief in “God is in the details” without losing sight of the overall picture