- Shoreside Operations
Civilian mariner with over 20 years in marine safety; plus over 10 years in providing training and classroom lecturing; experience in planning, improving operational efficiency and building effective team works. Able to quickly understand complex concepts, identify and solve problems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Cargo operation
• Classroom training
• Marine terminal applications (software)
• Bilingual (English and Vietnamese)
• Customer Service
• Marine/waterfront safety
INDEPENDENT REGISTERED SERVSAFE PROCTOR & CERTIFED SERVSAFE INSTRUCTOR
Garden Grove, CA 11/2017 – Present
• Provide food safety training courses for restaurant managers and restaurant food handlers. Schedule food handler and food safety management exam sessions and perform proctor duties.
US CITIZENSHIP/ESL CONSULTANT
Garden Grove, CA 10/2012 – 05/2014 10/2014 – 04/2015 01/2016 – Present
• Assisted Non-Native English Speaking Vietnamese in developing and implement the US Government and US History curriculum. Selected materials, lesson plans, and learning strategies to pass US Citizenship Exam, resulting seventy Vietnamese successfully completed and passed the exam.
Marcon International Inc., Coupeville, WA, 04/2015 – 01/2016
• Supported office staff in ship sales/vessels chattering to generate average revenue of $400,000 USD annually. Worked with prospects to understand business problems and proposed appropriate technical solutions. Monitored the maritime marketing and updated vessels availability to the company’s database.
CHEMICAL INSPECTOR Columbia Inspections, San Pedro, CA 05/2014 – 10/2014
• Responsible for gauging chemical products for major oil companies with over billion dollars in sale. Observed and participated in chemical transferred from ship to shore and vice versa. Maintained and prepared gauging equipment under strict OSHA guidelines.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & MARINE SAFETY MANAGER
SSA-SSIT Marine Terminal, Tan Thanh Province, Vietnam 09/2011 – 10/2012
• Coordinated the effectiveness of staff members’ function with the implementation of a brand new computerized marine customer services and operations system. Conducted marine safety seminars for SSIT employeesand safety inspections to half billion USD new state-of-the-art marine terminal. Assisted Human Resources Manager in recruiting, selecting, testing, and hiring local employees for marine operation. Conducted marine terminal tours for government officials and business clients/entrepreneurs.
Master of Public Administration – Public Management, California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA
Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, California Maritime Academy, Vallejo, CA
Certificate – Global Logistics Specialist, California State University Long Beach, Bellflower, CA
Certificates – Registered Manger/Instructor/ Proctor Certifications, ServSafe (National Restaurant Association)
Online Certificate – Human Resources Management, University of California Irvine, Irvine, C
- Marine Safety 20 years by 2012
- ServSafe Instructor/Proctor Nov 2017
Garden Grove, California,