I would like to use my professional legal education to administer various maritime claims, including: maintenance and cure, bills of lading, and Jones Act claims.
1998 - Present OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE Bedford/NH
- I supported the upper-management and the proprietor in all front-of-the-house duties.
- I developed close customer relations and helped attain a large basis of repeat customers.
- I worked hard to set a positive ambiance of the restaurant. Our bar is the center stage of the establishment.
- My commitment to the Principles and Beliefs of Outback Steakhouse, which include: Quality, Hospitality, Courage, Caring and Fun, resulted in our unit producing some of the highest sales and liquor mixes in the country.
- I strived to ensure both consistency of product and service.
6/2003 – 9/2003 ACCURATE TITLE Bedford/NH
- I worked for Accurate Title during my first summer break from law school to gain legal experience in the real estate industry.
- I facilitated real estate closings as a contractor for this high volume Southern New Hampshire title company.
- My work obligations included closing both in-house as well as out-of-office loan packages.
1997 - 1998 SHORTY'S MEXICAN ROADHOUSE Bedford/NH
- I worked as a server in this popular Mexican restaurant and bar.
8/1996 – 12/1996 YMCA OF TALLAHASSEE Tallahassee/FL
Lifeguard and Aquatics Instructor:
- I transferred to the Tallahassee YMCA to work on a part-time basis as a lifeguard during my fist semester of my undergraduate studies at Florida State University.
- I hosted numerous local school swim meets for high school level teams.
- I participated in the start up and operation of a new outdoors-aquatic facility.
1995 – 1998 YMCA OF MERRIMACK Merrimack/NH
Lifeguard and Aquatics Instructor:
- I worked as a lifeguard to indoor facilities as well as a facility on Lake Naticook, Merrimack, NH.
- As an aquatics Instructor, I taught various levels and varieties of water programs, from infants to senior citizens.
- I maintained certifications in Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, Adult and Infant CPR, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
2002 – 2005 MASSACHUSETTS SCHOOL OF LAW Andover/MA
Degree earned: Juris Doctor.
- Graduated December 2005.
- I participated in concentrated course work in: Real Estate, Land Use, Conveyancing, Insurance law, and Admiralty/Maritime law.
- I earned an Advanced Westlaw Certification.
- I achieved exemplary grades in compliance with strict academic rigor and grading policy.
- I completed this professional degree while maintaining full time employment throughout the program.
1997 - 2001 SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY Manchester/NH
Degree earned: Bachelor of Science/Business Administration.
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- I completed a New Hampshire College co-operative learning experience in conjunction with my current full time employer, the Outback Steakhouse, to earn credit for practical experience in management.
- On numerous occasions, I earned nominations to both the Dean's List, and President's List for superior academic achievement.
- I received the college's Gold Key Award, "The highest academic award for scholastic achievement”.
8/1996 - 12/1996 FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY Tallahassee, Florida
Some College Coursework Completed.
- I was accepted to and attended Florida State University as the starting point for my undergraduate studies.
- I enjoyed the new demographic and cultural experiences the South offered; comparatively distinct from what I had previously experienced in New England.
- I transferred from Florida State University to Southern New Hampshire University with exemplary grades comprising a 3.9 G.P.A.
1992 -1996 MERRIMACK HIGH SCHOOL Merrimack, New Hampshire
High School or equivalent
- I graduated among the top twenty students of my graduating class.
- I participated in many accelerated level courses, including: English, Science and Mathematics.
- I earned numerous honors, and high honors awards for academic performance.
- I participated in high school level track and wrestling as extra-curricular activities.
- I also worked part-time during my sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school.
2001 – Present DELTA MU DELTA, GAMMA NU CHAPTER
- National Honor Society in Business Administration
2003 – Present NOTARY PUBLIC, STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In conjunction with the Outback Steakhouse, I have volunteered for numerous charitable causes in the community. Some of the events I participated in include:
. Cystic Fibrosis: Ski for the Cure.
. New Horizons Soup Kitchen: a benefit for the homeless.
. The Boys and Girls Club.
. A Taste of Bedford.
. Walk for Breast Cancer.