- Project Engineering / Project Management
23 years of experience in managing Construction Projects entailing:
- Quantity Surveying - Resource Management - Site Administration
- Liaison Work - Manpower Planning - Documentation
Proficient in monitoring construction project status to identify significant variance from the project management Plan and to ensure corrective action to get the project back to track. Holds the distinction of conducting quantity surveys for numerous construction projects. Deft in minimizing the costs of a project and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Actively contributing to the efficiency of the organization, in particular, ensuring that the commercial activities are controlled under recognized procedures, to establish risk parameters, minimize loss & improve financial awareness. Excellent relationship management, analytical and negotiation skills with deftness in swiftly ramping projects in coordination with clients, architects, consultants and contractors. .
AFCONS INFRASTRUCTURE LTD.
- Working since Aug’17 in Project-Engineering,Procurement and Construction of Marine facilities at Gopalpur Ports, Odisha. The work includes construction of 500m berth, renovation of existing berth,construction of South breakwater (2.1km), Intermediate breakwater (0.38km) and rock bund (1.5km)
- Worked as a Senior Manager in Quantity Surveyor from June’14 onward till Aug’17 in the KNPC Sulphur Handling Facilities Project,MAA Refinery, KUWAIT. The Project involves construction of Sulphur Handling Facilities in offshore, which includes piling work, construction of Roadway and conveyor Bridge(1.21Km) ,loading platform, including construction of substation,Gate building,Pump House,Instrument Room and Operator Shelter.
- From July’12 to June’14,worked in Project-ONGC Petro Addition Limited(OPaL Project) for construction of LLDPE/HDPE Swing Plant(2x360KTPA) and Polypropylene(PP) Plant(340KTPA) at Dahej SEZ , Gujarat ,INDIA. The Work involves construction of Main Substation,Finishing Building,Extruder Building,Satellite Rack Room,Blending Silo,Pipe Rack including Underground Fire water trenches.
HINDUSTAN CONSTRUCTION COMPLANY LTD.
- Worked as a Manager-QS from April’2006 to June’2012 with Hindustan Construction Co.Ltd in Uri-II Hrdro Electric Project,J&K,INDIA.The work involves construction of RCC Dam, including diversion tunnel,Power Channel,Head Race Tunnel,Surge Shaft,Underground Power House & Tail Race Tunnel.
JAI PRAKASH ASSOCIATES LTD.
- From August 1997 to April 2006 worked with J.P Associates Ltd. in the Tehri Hydro Electric Project,Tehri Garhwal,INDIA in the construction of the 2000MW Tehri Dam. The work involves construction of 261m high Earthen Rockfill Dam including diversion tunnel, Vertical Shaft, Chute Spillways and Stilling Basin.
SWATI HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION PVT.LTD.
- From Jan’1994 to August 1997 worked as a Site Engineer with Swati Housing and Construction Pvt.Ltd. The work involves construction of the building in Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Coordination in preparation of operating budgets and supervising the overall operations for executing civil projects within cost & time norms.
- Create an effective communication channel with the client to facilitate an environment of integrity and trust and prevent the conflict situation and contractual issue arising.
- Raising claims for the WIP and ensuring that WIP is minimized by settling the issue with the client.
- Take off quantities from the detail drawing and floating inquiry to vendor/subcontractor for quotation.Finalization of vendor /subcontractor for the work.
- Coordinating with the planning department for preparation of the yearly budget for the project and reviewing it before approval.
- Preparation and submission of variation items,extra item and ensuring finalization for payment in progress payment
- Finalization and Allocate work to Subcontractor.
- Ensuring the organizational legislation are effectively implemented for vendor/subcontractor finalization .
- Undertaking performance evaluation of Subcontractors/ Vendor and obtaining their feedback.
- Interfacing with construction, procurement, legal and risk department for ensuring subcontract administration
- Managing subcontractor’s/Vendor’s bills for timely payment.
- Resolve dispute and claim with the client, subcontractor and supplier so as not to unreasonably impact on the project.
- Develop effective communication with subcontractor and supplier to facilitate an environment of trust and openness to prevent conflict situation.
- Managing timely procurement of material as per specification.
- Undertaking the monthly physical stock of materials at steel yard, fabrication yard, stores and at different storage locations at site.
- Undertaken Stock Audit for other Project and preparation of final statement for presentation.
- Estimating actual quantities from the drawing and forecasting the material requirement for the work.
- Rate analysis of Extra Items, deviated items of BOQ.
- Gained in-depth exposure to site work entailing earthwork, concreting, Finishing items for building work,rock stabilization work etc.
- Streamlined monthly reconciliation of material for identifying wastage and took preventive action for minimizing it.
- WIP reduction by the reconciliation of quantities paid by the Client with executed quantity and interacting and meeting with Client on any issue related to payment.
- Manpower and resource planning and optimal utilization for maximum output.
- Documentation as per IMS and ISO requirement.
To take new challenges to revive myself and use my skill in the best possible way for achieving Organizational Goal.
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) from NIT, Hamirpur (H.P),INDIA in 1993.
- Certificate Course in AutoCAD and 3D Max from CADD Centre in 2006
- Estimation,Rate Analysis,Subcontractor Management,
- Variation order cost Estimate,Bid review,& Tender Negotiation,
- Monthly Payment Recommendation,Material Reconciliation
- Detailed knowledge of FIDIC Condition of Contract
Date of Birth : 03/08/1971
Current Address : Afcons Infrastructure Ltd, Refinery
Gopalpur Port Project, Chatterpur,Ganjam District,Odisha
Email: email@example.com (For information & query)
Permanent Address : OM Sarthak Apartment,Block D,GMS Road, Sewla Kalan, Majra,
District:Dehradun, Uttarakhand ,India
Current CTC : Rs 2,300,000 per Annum
Expected CTC : Negotiable
Notice Period : One Month
Civil Engineering at NIT Hamirpur