I'm interested in an internship to complete my training and gain the required sea time for a QMED F/WT/O rating. I'm currently enrolled at Training Resources Limited (TRL) Coast Guard certified QMED F/WT/O course and I have applied for my Merchant Marine Card.
Sol Concepts Construction LLC Seattle, WA
Lead Carpenter 6/15/07 - Present
- Specialized in the construction of high-end custom decks and remodels.
- Managed a small crew.
- Oversaw workmanship and quality.
- Operated a wide variety of hand and power tools.
North By Northwest Surf Co. Port Angeles, WA
Surfboard and Apparel Sales Clerk 4/01/05 - 6/15/07
- Retail sales.
- Surfboard rentals.
Stevens Pass Ski Area Skykomish, WA
Lodge Facilities Swing Supervisor 11/15/95- 3/15/05
- Hiring crew, schedule making.
- Supervising 4-10 people for general cleaning/maintenance of the lodges.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Operated snowcats, cardboard compactor, floor machine and pallet jack.
Nichols Bros. Boat Building Freeland, WA
Clean-up and Paint Crew 6/15/93 - 9/01/94 (seasonal due to school)
- Cleaning the ships of work debris, keeping work spaces arranged during construction.
- Misc. small jobs on the boat such as insulation installation in the stack and finish work.
- Painting of ships.
Occasionally operated forklifts and welders in non-structural situations. Used a variety of hand and power tools.
TRL QMED F/WT/O course
Oregon coast community college
South Whidbey High School
Peak Service management training
Snow Summit leadership conference for Stevens Pass.
QMED F/WT/O pending seatime
Mechanically inclined. I have operated a wide variety of metal, wood and power tools.
References available upon request.