(1)Apply my ability to think out of the box in a creative manner to resolve contentious issues including those related to technology.
(2) To allow my natural ability to lead so as to successfully build a dynamic group.
(3) And to use my negotiating and communication skills to deal with Client requirements.
I would like a job which oscillates between the field and the board-room so that I can apply myself completely doing what I am best at - which is retiocinating and coming up with unique solutions with a motivated team.
(1) Joined The Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd in June 1988 as 5th Engineer and promoted in 1990 as 2nd engineer (first assistant engineer).
(2) Left Great Eastern in 1992 to join Seaarland Shipping Management Ges m.b.H Ltd as 2nd engineer (first assistant engineer) and promoted to the rank of Chief Engineer in Feb 1997.
3) As first engineer dry docked two vessels for Seaarland Shipping and was part of new building delivery team from Japan for a Cape size gearless bulk carrier.
4) Employed with Tanker Pacific Management Singapore Ltd. as Chief Engineer from Nov 1999 ~ Nov 2003
5) Completed last contract with Univan Shipping in Jul 2005.
6) Total experience as Chief Engineer on 12 vessels ~ approximately 46 months.
7) Part of new building take over of an aframax from Ulsan , Korea for Tanker Pacific.
8) Adjunct faculty at Tolani Maritime Institute from Sep 2004 to Feb 2005. In charge of Class IV examination preparations for the final year students. In charge of T/Cs and Governors for Class IV students and Fuels for second year students. In charge of engine room safety and demonstrations for various modular courses including one for OMI.
9) Ship Repair Manager with Drydocks World Dubai since Oct 2005. Transferred to the Conversions division in Jun 2006.
10) Part of the Team which carried out the conversion of the FPSO Cidade de Vitoria for Petrobras looking after the tanks, marine piping and pre-commissioning activities. Directly in-charge of co-ordinating marine systems commissioning and topsides pre-commissioning activities including hot-loop checks.
11) Project Leader for the conversion of the recently completed FPSO Gimboa for Angola. Promoted to Sr. SRM in Jan 08. The FPSO Gimboa was completed as a fast-track project after intense negotiations with the Yard Management and the Client and in the face of some stiff competition from other high-profile and ongoing conversions in the Yard. As project Leader, responsible for day to day administration, Safety and Housekeeping and weekly meetings with the Client. On the Gimboa directly in charge of co-ordinating refurbishment and conversion activities for Marine systems including installation of two 14MW Peter-Brotherhood turbines and a CAT essential diesel generator. Also directly in-charge of the Pump room related activities including pre-commissioning of cargo and ballast pumps and associated piping. In charge of the Accommodation refurbishment, conversion and pre-commissioning for habitation. Directly reporting to the Conversion Manager and the Director Productions. Weekly briefing of upper-level Yard Management or as and when required.
i) MOT Cass I (Motor) in 1993, last revalidated in 2004.
ii) B. Tech (Marine) from Directorate of Marine Engineering Training (Calcutta) in 1988 with 67% marks
iii) CBSE in 1983 with 89.25% marks (26th all India)
iv) National Talent Search Examination Scholarship holder (of NCERT) since std. X
v) In addition to STCW courses completed Advanced Marine Hydraulics & Advanced Marine Instrumentation & Controls courses from MTI in Powai. Recent refresher courses include NABCO and hydraulic courses from IMTI, Powai
vi) Computer literate with participation certificates for NIIT’s Swift and C++ courses.
vii) Regular refresher technical and ISM courses undertaken.
viii) Participation in new courses and seminars include, E.R.T.M from ARI, New Delhi and B&W and Wartsila seminar conducted by Tanker Pacific in Mumbai.
ix) Participated in the Marine Hydraulics and Electricity course conducted under the aegis of ISM, Malad at Mumbai.
x) Successfully completed the Lloyd Registers’ Internal Auditors course in Sep 06 as a Drydocks World Dubai candidate. Adjudged best internal auditor twice running in 2008 for DWD.
MoT Class (I) Motor and as above.
I am a good negotiator with excellent written and spoken communication skills. I have an inherent ability to use both sides of the brain and come up with diverse and unique solutions. This ability to apply my mental prowess in its entirety helps me to make the best possible decision at any given point of time in both an analytical and intuitive fashion. There is the services background and a para-military training which followed instilling an inherent discipline, respect for authority and ability to command and lead and inspire loyalty in those one is working with.
Cultural Committee member in college and keen participant in all co-curricular activities in school (House Captain in VI & XII standards). Cadet Captain for two years in College.
b) Represented school and college in cricket.
c) Creative writing (with special interest in poetry). Poem published on http://www.poetry.com. Represented college in 1986. Web log maintained at three independent sites on blogspot and rediffblogs since 2004.
d) Editor school and college magazine.
e) Possesses rudimentary Bridge skills.
f) Keen follower of golf. Participant in clinic for same in Feb 2002 and member Pune golf club.
g) Certified second level skier from Ski Dubai, Dubai
h) Certified second level salsa dancer from The Club at DWTC, Dubai.