I would like to be a Project Manager/ Owners Representative/ Owners Superintendent for New Ship building Projects.
A result oriented professional with more than seven years of experience in the area of Engineering, Management, Classification & Statutory surveys during New Construction & Survey certification of In Service ships.
American Bureau of Shipping(ABS) - Surveyor (From April 2014 till date)
Indian Register of Shipping(IRS) - Surveyor (From September 2007 to April 2014)
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing as specialization and Production as minor from Indian Institute of Social welfare and Business Management (IISWBM) Kolkata, India.
2. Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) in Electrical Engineering from Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar, India.
3. Naval Architecture and Ship Building at Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai Mumbai, India from Indian Register of Shipping.
• Confined Space Safety Practices from ABS Academy Singapore.
• Non Destructive Evaluation training from ABS Academy Singapore.
• Material and welding training from ABS Academy Singapore.
• Working at Height training from ABS Academy Singapore..
• Slips, trips and Falls training from ABS Academy Singapore.
• Experience Surveyor Training (Refresher Training) from IRS Mumbai.
• Training program on Welding And Welding processes in Shipbuilding and Ship repair from Institute of Marine Engineers Mumbai
New Construction -
Developing Goal Based Approach with Shipyard, implementing key survey & inspection strategies and ensuring that these strategies / schedules are aligned with organizational objectives.
Monitoring building schedules and ensuring smooth flow of survey & certification during construction including commissioning, tests & trials.
In Service Ships (Class Vessels and Non Class Vessels)
Implementing policies, systems and rule requirements for maintaining compliance to class & statutory requirements.
Specification surveys (Refits/Repairs) and Damage Surveys of non-class vessels for Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and Border Security Force.
Vendor Assessments, Works Approval (Initial Plant Approval), Product Approval, Service Supplier Approval.
• Survey & certification of ships in service –
(a) Qualified Class, Structural and Statutory (Initial/Renewal) Surveyor for Oil tanker, Bulk Carrier, Passenger Ships, General Cargo, Dredgers, Tugs, and Other Type Ships.
(b) Transfer of Class Surveys including Change of Flag Surveys and Reassignment of Class.
(c) Continuous/Special Survey of Machinery and Hull with an expertise in handling Dry Dock surveys.
(d) Damage Survey and Hull Repairs.
(e) Propulsion/Shafting surveys.
(f) Boiler Surveys.
• Survey during new construction –
Qualified Hull, Electrical and Machinery Surveyor for New Construction.
(a) Project in Charge of General Cargo Vessels, Oil Tankers, Cutter Section Dredgers.
(b) Project in Charge of “Water Jet FAC (High Speed Craft)”. Vessels were having Water jet Propulsion.
Survey & certification of Marine Components –
Qualified Component Surveyor for Main Engines, Auxiliary Engines, Gearing, Materials, Motors, Casting, Forgings, Pumps, Electrical Panels, Transformers, Electrical Cables, Anchors, Anchor Chain Cables, Valves, A bracket, Air Vent hoods, Fire Hydrants, Stern Gear, Steering Gear, Propellers, Rudder, Rudder Stock, Windows, Scuttles.
• Miscellaneous –
(a) Non- Class Refit/Repair Surveys including Damage Surveys for M/s Indian Coast Guard, Indian Navy and Border Security Force vessels.
(b) Vetting Surveys for SCI Oil Tankers.
(c) Survey of Rubber Inflated Boats and Fiber Boats.
(d) Survey of Life rafts, Lifeboats, EPIRB and SART.
(e) Initial IRS Work Approval for Mackeil Ispat &Forgings Ltd, Durgapur and Nicco Corporation for EBXL cables.
(f) Type Approval Surveys
(g) Service Supplier Approval Audits for Thickness Measurement Firms
(h) Service Supplier Approval Audits for Radio Firms.