I want to obtain a job in the maritime industry in the terminal operations or as a administrative department.
Summer 2012- Maritime Operations Intern: Puerto Rico Ports of Authority, San Juan, PR
• Learned all aspects of the maritime commerce, while working at the Maritime Bureau at the Puerto Rico Ports of Authority.
• Processed invoices in the IT billing system, and also supervised daily operations and the labor force located at the San Juan terminals.
• Communicated regularly with Lloyds’ Register Sea Web system vendor to troubleshoot system, which was essential to the Maritime Operations Department.
• Received maritime security 33 CFR 101, 104 and 105 training.
2007 to 2011-Program Manager/(CPI Liaison): HCLC, Bronx, NYC
• Successfully developed and implemented 4 community and service programs according to grant goals. Developed budget parameters by analyzing and implementing administrative procedures, quantitative and qualitative data analysis using Excel, Power Point, and other Microsoft and Cloud applications.
• Managed all areas of the program budget of $150,000 by tracking metrics in Excel. Generated budget updates and program deliverables reports for supervisors and leaders.
• Efficiently networked and coordinated with stakeholders and community members to market our services to the public and to initiate community projects.
• Efficiently managed employee relations, benefits, payroll compliance, database management, and ensured compliance of all legal and government reporting requirements.
2006-2007- Grievance Representative: Workers’ Resource Center, SWU, NY, NY
• Interpreted many collective bargaining agreements to ensure compliance in the workplace and within the local and federal labor laws.
• Educated and counseled union members about their particular labor agreement.
• Resolved employment and labor relations issues according to laws and contracts.
2005-2006- Education Organizer: Collaborative for Educational Justice, Bronx, NYC
• Activated and re-organized the local Education Committee by providing workshops to develop leadership and problem solving skills.
• Mediated to harmoniously resolve conflicts between schools personnel, principals and parents by organizing focus groups and strategic meetings.
• Organized and coordinated successful social and educational events for the involved schools and stakeholders.
2004 to 2005- Volunteer Coordinator: West Side Campaign Against Hunger, NYC, NY
• Supervised and coordinated 15 customer-volunteers
• Mediated problems between volunteers and customers.
• Managed account cash to support volunteers’ activities.
• Provided translation services to Spanish- Speaker Directors at Board meetings.
1999 to 2002: Spanish Assistant Adjunct: University of Massachusetts and Amherst College, Amherst, MA
• Trained students Spanish grammar and writing lessons
• Coordinated and organized the classes to meet students’ needs.
• Utilized variety of interactive teaching techniques to improve students’ Spanish Speaking and writing skills.
SUNY-Maritime College, Bronx, NY
M.S. International Transportation Management- to be completed on May 2013
Completed electives in Port and Terminal Management and Maritime Security
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
M.S. Labor Studies
University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
B.A. Labor Relations
VSO, CSO, FSO
Bilingual: Spanish/ English
Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word and other applications
Great Financial Skills