Retiring Master 1 June 2008 with interest in Ship Vetting, Operations and Certification Management. Would like to work from home with some travel
Over twenty-eight years in the Maritime Industry in positions of increased responsibility and crucial decision making capacities on a wide variety of ship types including MSC RO/RO, MARAD RO/RO, ULCC, Product and LNG, Container, Reefer, Research and Dry Bulk carrier vessels. Single point mooring experience in Kuwait, Louisiana, Panama and California with ULCC, Supertankers and 50-70k DWT tank vessels.
_ Extensive project management experience with completion of USNS LCPL Roy M. Wheat conversion project. Oversaw shipyard and subcontractor repairs, including writing of work items, field orders and required changes for regulatory bodies.
_ Responsible for implementation and management of Keystone Accident Free Day program resulting in reduced lost time accidents aboard company vessels. Assisted with implementation of ISO 9002 and 14001 Safety, Quality and Environmental programs aboard the LCPL Roy M. Wheat.
_ Implementation of SAMM (Shipboard Automated Maintenance Management) program providing continuous feedback to vessel support team to improve, optimize and transform program to be more ship specific and efficient.
_ Responsible for developing, planning and fully engaging vessel work force in all aspects and duties relating to shipboard maintenance and operations including budgeting, scheduling, storing and regulatory requirements.
State University of New York Maritime College
Bachelor of Science Marine Transportation, December 1981
· USCG License Master, Oceans, STCW 95 Certificate, PIC LG/DL, GMDSS Operator
· Secret Clearance, Chemical Biological Radiological-Defense Officer
· Anti-Terrorism/Ships Safety Officer, Helicopter Control Officer, Small Arms Qualification
· Shipboard Helicopter Fire Fighting, Afloat Environmental Protection Officer
· NT LAN Administrator, Small Arms Qualification, Fast Rescue Boat Operator
· Ordnance Hazard Awareness, Ordnance/Material Handling Equipment
· Naval Explosives Safety Supervisors/Managers Orientation, Trafficking in Person
· Naval Explosives Hazard Control Basics, Shipboard Explosives Safety
· Strategic Sealift Communications MERCOMMS, Ship Security and Tactics SST
· Government Vessel Operations, Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems ECDIS