Seeking challenging career opportunity in which I can successfully utilize my knowledge, skills, and experiences for the positions applied for and to work with full confidence and zeal. I look forward to be a part of an interactive and favourable working environment for my professional growth and development of technical skills at any place where I could together with my family.
1. Marine Superintendent: Fukujin Kisen Co., Ltd. Imabari, Japan. Worked from Dec 2007 to present. Managing company owned and operated ocean-going vessels (about 34 ships) mostly bulkers, and tankers. As Supt, I handle daily ship's operations, implements and conducts audits and inspections related to ISM, ISPS, accident investigations, crew mgt, etc.
2. Crewing Dept - Training Manager: Aboitiz Jebsens Total Transport Solutions. Manila Philippines Office. June 2007 to Dec 2007. Recruit, select crew for deployment to various principlas. Develops training courses and conducts seminars, training sessions and seminars to ships officers and ratings being hired by various principals/shipowners by the company as manning agent.
3. Dean of College/Superintent/Training Director: Holy Cross of Davao Universtity, Davao City, Philippines. June 2002-June 2007. In-charge of over-all operation of the maritime college and training center.
4. Master/Ship Captain: Various Ocean-going vessels of various types. Jan 1999 to Nov 2006 (on/off - short term contracts while on-leave with office/shore based jobs.
5. Professor - National Maritime Polytechnic, Govt employee appointed by Service Commission.
6. Various positions onboard ocean-going ships from Cadet to Master.
7. Various teaching jobs in a maritime university.
Doctor of Philosophy in Maritime Management - John B. Lacson Maritime University, Iloilo, Philippines.
Master in Business Adminitration. Ateneo de Davao Univ./ Agusan Inst. of Technology.
Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation: Philippine Merchant Marine Academy. 1988-1992
All STCW and all other certificates required to serve as Master/Captain onboard ocean going vessels are still active and valid until year 2012.
All certs required to serve as Superentendent, icluding working visa in Japan are still valid.
Ship management and maritime education skills.
Top Graduate: Philippine Merchant Marine Academy, Class 1992.
Board Exam for Master topnocher, Professional Regulation Comission, Nov 1999.
One of youngest Filipino who become Master/Captain for international ships at age 28.
National Awardee as Most Outstanding Maritime Educator/Trainor. (PAMI) Year 2005.