Searching for a career job in Marine, Gas & Oil industry, for the position in Operations or Management category.
Holding a certificate of competency of Master Mariner with both Oil & Gas endorsements from UK and sailed as a Master on modern LNG carrier. Member of “The Nautical Institute” (MNI) UK.
Eighteen years of ocean sailing career with the experience of different companies, different kinds of ships and with different nationalities of crew. Including seven years of experience on LNG carriers, managed by Shell Ship Management Ltd and Dynagas Ltd. Including six years of experience as a Chief Officer on Gaz Transport, Techni Gaz & Moss Rosenberg designed LNG carriers, with direct responsibility of vessel maintenance, dry docking, loading & discharging of LNG cargoes at different terminals around the world.
From Nov 2006 ~ Mar 2007 attended the new building GTT Mark III design LNG vessels for Dynagas in Hyundai Heavy Industries Shipyard, Ulsan, Korea and performed sea trials, gas trials, took delivery of this new build vessel, implemented all ISM & ISPS systems and prepared all operational procedures and expedite her first cargo loading. Also responsible and performed the training of all newly appointed junior officers and crew.
Also includes ten years of ocean sailing experience with different kind of vessels i.e. Crude Oil Tankers, Product Tankers, Bitumen Tanker, Bulk Carrier and General Dry Cargo Ship.
In July 2008 Joined Qatar Petroleum (QP) as a Port State Control Inspector for Ras Laffan Port, Qatar and involved in the day-to-day administration for the implementation of local port rules and regulations, national, regional and international conventions on maritime affairs with an aim to uphold the highest standards and best practices in port operation at Ras Laffan.
In January 2009 promoted to my present designation as a “Senior Port Scheduler”, and networking with end-users, single berth operators, terminal operators, ship agents and RLIC (Ras Laffan Industrial City) operatives on all issues pertaining to berthing, subsequent operations and unberthing. Fully involved in SCMS and Port MIS for Ras Laffan Port.
• B.Sc. Maritime Studies (Pakistan Marine Academy affiliated with University Of Karachi, December 1990).
• Advanced Certificate in Marine Operations (Australian Maritime College, August 1995).
• BTEC, Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science (South Tyneside college UK, December 1998).
• Certificate Of competency, Master Mariner (MCA, Southampton UK. November 2002).
• Advance Tanker Safety Course. (Singapore Polytechnic – 1996)
• Oil Tanker Training Programme. (South Tyneside College, UK. – 1998)
• Liquefied Gas Tanker Training. (South Tyneside College, UK. – 2000)
• LNG Tanker Operations simulator Course (LICOS). (Warsash Maritime Center, UK. 2002)
• SVC-400 Operator Course for LNG Carriers. (KONGSBERG, Norway – 2006)
• Electronic Navigation Systems & Equipments. (Australian Maritime College – 1995)
• Navigation Control Course. (South Tyneside College, UK. – 1998)
• Basic Medical First aid. (Australian Maritime College – 2003)
• Ship’s Captain Medical Guide. (South Tyneside College, UK. – 1998)
• Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats. (Australian Maritime College – 2003)
• Basic Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting. (Australian Maritime College – 2003)
• Advance Fire Fighting. (PROMETI, Pakistan – 2004)
• Marine Fire Fighting Command & Control. (Strathclyde Fire Brigade, UK – 2001)
• Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities. (Institute of Maritime Studies, Pakistan – 2002)
• Global Maritime Distress Safety Signals (GMDSS). (South Tyneside College, UK. – 1998)
• Bridge Team Management. (Shell Ship Management, UK. – 2002)
• Bridge Resource Management. (Wallem Maritime Training Center, Pakistan – 2003)
• Ship Management Team workshop. (Shell Int. Trading & Shipping, UK – 2005)
• Ships Security Officer. (Institute Of Maritime Studies, Pakistan – 2004)
• Accident Investigation. (PROMETI, Pakistan – 2006)
• Risk Management. (PROMETI, Pakistan – 2006)
• ECDIS. (PROMETI, Pakistan – 2006)
• Shipboard Safety Officer. (DynacomTankers, India – 2007)
• Risk Management to Implement SMS. (Dynacom Tankers, India – 2007)
• Company QSMS, Human Relations and Internal Auditing for ISM Code. (Dynacom Tankers, India – 2007)
• Marine Accident & Incident Investigation Course. (Dynacom Tankers, India – 2007)
• Ship Manoeuvring Simulator & Bridge Teamwork. (Maritime Training Institute, Karachi – 2008)
• Concept of Management of Change at Management Level. (College Of Nautical Studies, Karachi – 2008)
• Advance Supervisory Skills. (Key Consultancy Ltd. UK. – 2009).
• Managing Conflict & Difficult People. (Executive Talent Management Australia. – 2010).
• Leadership Skills. (Progress Management Consultants. – 2010).
• Port Facility Security Awareness. (Industrial Security Directorate Security Training Center. – 2010).
• Advanced Interpersonal Communication Skills Course. (Management training & Consultancy LTD, UK & Dubai (MTC). – 2010.)
• Tanker Operations & Demurrage Training. (Hamburg Port Training Institute GmbH, Hamburg, Germany. – 2011).
• Maritime Resource Management. (Hamburg Port Services GmbH, Hamburg, Germany. – 2011).
Expert in Navigation and LNG, Oil cargo operations.
I.T proficiency in MS word, Excel, Power Point, Internet & Email.
Fluently write & speak English & Urdu languages.