Manager Marine – Seaport Shipping Pvt. Ltd. September 2006 – Present
Seaport Shipping is a ship management company, managing four scientific research vessels of National Institute of Ocean Technology, Ministry of Earth Science.
• Reduced ship operation delays in harbor and at sea to near zero from an average delay for 3 days in a month, leading to a saving of $180,000 (72 lakhs) /annum to ship owners.
• Active recruitment policy adapted by me resulted in 50% reduction in attrition of shipboard staff leading to savings in recruitment cost.
• Responsible for developing and managing a budget of $400,000 every year- including ship budget and crew wages.
• Part of the top-level strategic team, to evaluate evolving business opportunities and pre-purchase negotiations.
• Was part of team in purchasing a research vessel from Japan amounting to $2 million.
• In-charge of quality management system of office and ships in the fleet.
• Carried out internal audit of ships and prepare them for external audits for safety, environment protection and crew welfare.
• Prepared performance reports for vessel and submit to management every month.
• Presently lead a team of two assistant managers, three marine executives and two field executives.
Captain – Master Mariner: June 2006 - Took command of a container ship at Casablanca and made my maiden voyage to India working with Seaport Shipping Pvt.Ltd.
• Managed the commercial aspects of the vessel, coordinated with owners, charterer and agents at various International ports.
• One of the youngest to attain the post of Captain.
Chief Officer- Eurasia and Orient Express Ship Management June 2003- June 2006
Eurasia is Ship Management Company based in Hong Kong which manages 150 ships under its fleet.
Orient Express Ship Management is again a ship management company based in Mumbai managing 20 container vessel under its fleet.
• Led a team of 20 crew in ship operations, being in-charge of safety, security and cargo operations.
Second Officer/Third officer- Wallem Ship Management, Hong Kong May 1999- June 2003
Wallem Ship Management is Ship Management Company based in Hong Kong which manages more than 200 ships under its fleet.
• Part of the operations team, In-charge of navigational and communication equipment.
• Part of the operations team, in-charge of life saving and fire fighting appliances.
Trainee Nautical Officer Cadet- Shipping Corporation of India August 1995- May 1999
MASTER MARINER - F.G. UNLIMITED
GRADUATION : UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS,
BBA - BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY - MASTER F.G
GRADUATION DEGREE IN B.B.A (BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION)
SHIP MANAGEMENT, MARINE SHIP OPERATION AND CREW SOURCING.