Excell in what ever I do, Steady growth in life. Look for creativity in the job and develope satisfaction rather than look for job satisfaction.
Cadetship : Joined Sea as an Apprentice in an Indian Company,
Above sea time completed on Bulk carriers & general cargo vessels.
As Second Officer
On Dry cargo vessels
As Chief Officer
On Dry cargo vessels
7 months on Panamax Bulk carrier
5 Months on Fully pressurized Gas tanker.
Ashore- As Faculty
Worked as a Visiting faculty in Sept-Oct 2005.
Serving as a full time faculty since 11/04/2006 till date
• I am actively involved in Lectures on –
1. Bridge Team management (Presently I/C of conducting, monitoring, developing & reviewing this course)
2. Root cause analysis
3. Effective behavior management.
4. Integrated safety training for ratings.
5. Dynamics of Port state control & Oil major inspection
6. Simulator based training on 240 degree full mission simulator.
a. Exercises on Turkish strait navigation
b. Ship maneuvering simulator.
c. Anchoring in Singapore straits.
7. ISM course on BP ISM system & ESM ISM System.
8. Briefing officers joining on company fully pressurized gas tanker.
9. I am in charge (Course officer) of DG approved Gas courses.
10. Integrated management system of the company.
• Developed new courses like Bulk carrier safety, Managing Environmental Awareness & Risk assessment procedures.
Experience and skills-
• I got an extensive experience on loading & discharging of Bulk & general cargo (Grain, Coal, Ore, steel coils, rolls, Plates, Timber etc) on the above vessels as a Chief Officer
• The above vessels were under Ownership /management of OSM, Hong Kong, V.Ships Singapore & K Line Tokyo. Trading worldwide Mostly Trans pacific, Indian Ocean & US coasts.
• Gathered lots of experiences of loading fully pressurized LPG & LPG Mix. In Fareast, Indian Ocean & Mediterranean.
• Have done 4 dry-docking of various sized bulk carriers (from Mini bulk carrier to panamax) & the Last LPG tankers, in my ascending rank in my sea carrier.
• I have loaded Steel coils, rolls, plates etc for TATA India, for continuous 4 voyages. Where I have planned & executed the complete loading & discharging operation independently & successfully.
• I have loaded expensive Bulk cargoes Like Alumina from Australian ports, grain cargo from US & Australian ports, where I was exposed to the extensive hold Preparation/cleaning process.
• I have loaded Timber cargoes from South American ports for Japan, Where the cargo planning & operations were done by me successfully.
• I have got a vast experience & exposure to the coal loading procedures From Australian ports to Japan while sailing on board the K Line Bulkers.
• ISM/Quality: I was involved in the successful implementation of the Initial SMC on board in 1997, which was graded excellent by the Classification Society, When the ISM code just started to come & become mandatory in the Ships.
• Tanker experience- Since end 2005, I have switched over to LPG tankers, sailed on board a fully pressurized gas carrier. Mostly loading propane, Butane & LPG Mix. The vessel is tramping worldwide. I have docked the vessel for her 5 yearly special surveys, complete gas freeing & all normal gas tanker Practices were carried out successfully.
• Practical Ship inspection Experience- Was involved in IMS (ISO/ISM/OHSAS) Internal audits, on board training program, Vessel’s inspection (technical point of view, Navigational Audits as visited 1 dry cargo & 1 AFRAMAX Oil tanker.
1988-1989 AISSCE (C.B.S.E) Madras, INDIA
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English.
BB. Professional Qualification:
1993-1994 2nd Mates (FG) MMD, Mumbai, INDIA
1996 1st Mate (FG) MMD, Mumbai, INDIA
1999-2000 Masters (FG) MMD, Mumbai, INDIA
2005 -Revalidation of Master (FG) MMD, Mumbai, INDIA
CC. Management level /Value added /Skill development Courses:
TOTA: 2006 – May Have completed successfully a Management course. “Training of Trainers & Assessors” a -DG approved STCW 95 certified.
(I have achieved the max marks 86% among 16 trainers who were from different Institutes & surveying authorities)
IRCA approved, DNV certified, QMS ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor’s Course
I have topped the post course exams among a group of 15 experienced auditors.
DNV Lead Auditor
1. Sailing for 15 years in variuos ascending ranks upto Master on Dry cargo & LPG tankers.
2. Maritime trainer for last 1 year.