To work as a marine lawyer or as shipping supervisor in an international and reputable shipping organisation.
JULY-2004-To Date Head, Marine & Energy Department
Legal Resources Alliance, (Solicitors and Advocates) Lagos
• Arrests/Release of vessels
• Liasing with Ship Owners and P&I CLUB representatives.
• Ship Registration of Vessels.
• B/L’s and Charter-Party Disputes
• Enforcement of Mortgage and other Securities
• Purchase, Sale and Financing of Ships
• Shipping Related Debt Recoveries
• Handling Collision and other Maritime Claims.
July-2002 – May-2004 Shipping Supervisor/Legal Adviser
Sahara Energy Resource Ltd, Lagos
• Ship Management of Owned/Chartered vessels
• Demurrage calculations for import vessels
• Demurrage/General Claims Handling
• Trading and Sourcing for cargoes
• Liasing with PPMC/NNPC Officials/External Solicitors
• Ensuring timely loading/discharge of import vessels.
• Arranging for Voyage/Time charter of Owned vessels.
• Supervision of Shipping Operations.
• Preparation & negotiation of Charter Party/Legal Agreements.
Femi Atoyebi & Co, (Shipping Solicitors) Lagos
• Arrest/Release of ocean-going vessels
• Shipping Litigation
• Defence of General Cargo Claims
• Advising on Charter-Party Disputes.
• International law of the sea.
1995-1996 Youth Corper
Dipo Onifade & Co, Kaduna.
2004 University of Southampton, United Kingdom.
Thirty-First Maritime Law Short Course.
1994-1995 Nigerian Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos
Barrister in Law: BL
1986-1993 Lagos State University, Ojo Campus
Bachelors in Law: LLB (hons)
1985-1986 Lagos State School of Basic Studies, Agindigbi
1981-1985 Government College, Lagos
WASC ‘O’ Levels
1975-1980 University of Lagos Staff School, Akoka, Yaba-Lagos
• Ability to independently learn, apply and teach new technology
• Proficient use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet & Email
• Regular interaction and negotiation with clients, together with the ability to inspire the confidence of clients within a short period.
• Good oral and written presentation skills.
speaks english and other languages fluently.
• 31st Maritime law Short Course organised by Institute of Maritime Law, University of Southampton. (2004)
• Nigerian Maritime Law Association Seminar, Lagos (2004)
• Cabotage Law and the Oil and Gas Industry, Lagos (2004)
• Stakeholders Awareness Forum on ISPS code, Warri, (2004)
• Tanker Charter Parties Seminar, London, UK (2003)
• Bunkering in Africa Conference, Cape Town, SA (2002)