a career position in sales and technical product support
Sales representative with over (7) seven years experience in the areas of technical sales, service, and support working for an international marine manufacturer and distributor. Recognized the ability to take on a project and bring it to a successful completion. Prior to this, I have (8) eight years experience as a District manager for a major marine retail chain where the stores under my guidance constantly met or exceeded their monthly/yearly sales goals. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications for various business applications.
• Developed and implemented sales to the wind energy industry of Vetus escape hatches for use as access ports in the main body of wind turbine assemblies.Sucessfully placed product with several manufacturers.
• Marketed various Vetus products to company’s outside of the marine industry during downswing in core business resulting in new business opportunities.
• Advanced the company’s market share in marine sector involving the use of vessel handling gear.
• Part of the team that developed and implemented new marketing program that moved company away from individual sales to distributor based network thus increasing overall sales by (30%) thirty percent in the first year.
Technical Sales & Support/Supply Chain Manager
Vetus America, Hanover Maryland 2002 to 06/2009
Vetus America is a wholly owned subsidiary of a European marine manufacturer that produces equipment used in the operation and handling of commercial and recreational vessels.
• Provided technical sales and support to customers via phone, e-mail and on location when required. Served as the account executive to several major marine boat builders on selection, installation and service issues
• Developed and maintained an on-line and hard copy information library of operation, installation, and service manuals for use by in-house personnel and customer base in answering questions about product line.
• Coordination and implementation of company displays at four major marine industry trade shows and six consumer shows throughout the United States on a yearly basis.
• Directed procurement and transport of various parts, components and equipment that were then shipped to corporate headquarters in the Netherlands for final assembly and subsequent sale worldwide.
• Forecasted and monitored inventory levels in warehouse at USA location.
. Sales activities included preparation of bid proposals/quotations, preparing and conducting presentations and training seminars, and contract negotiations.
Boater’s World Marine Centers, Beltsville Maryland 1995 to 2002
A nationwide chain of marine retail centers offering gear and supplies for the recreational boater and angler.
• District manager for (9) nine retail marine centers located in the New York to Maryland boating region.
• Monitored and directed all facets of retail store operations including client relations, training, scheduling, visual merchandising, sales, marketing, inventory control, employee supervision, and acted as liaison between staff, and other store locations.
• Selected as part of the team that set up and merchandised new retail locations across the United States.
• Planned and conducted company displays at local and national boat shows.
• Led the effort to promote boating safety in New York-Long Island area by holding in-store classes with local boating groups.
• Trained, developed, and promoted experienced and skilled employees into management roles.
Maritime Services, Long Island New York 1993 to 1995
Independent consultant to marine retail operations looking to compete with national chains
• Advised marinas, boat yards, and ships store on the upgrading of their retail areas to better compete with local national chain locations.
• Part time ship’s captain with local Sea Tow operations and operated fishing/sightseeing vessels for local companies and friends.
Environmental Sciences Pennsylvania State University University Park Pa.