Driven, results-oriented professional Marine Superintendent and Environmental Engineer with over 17 years of maritime engineering experience exploring employment opportunities with a global firm.
CRUISE LINE COMPANY – USA – Marine Superintendent/Environmental Engineer 2000-Present
• Apply problem-solving and technical expertise toward managing daily condition and maintenance of cruise vessels for one of the largest cruise lines in the world.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of all vessels and equipment including engines, deck, hotel equipment, and vital environmental systems.
• Engineering responsibilities include planning, system design, problem analysis, technical reporting, and coordination and maintenance of the cruse vessel operating application.
• Accountable for ensuring that all equipment and maintenance activities adhere to standards and procedures, as well as providing uninterrupted operation.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing inventory and overseeing repairs and repair crews.
NOMIKOS BULK CARRIERS – Greece – Superintendent Engineer & Naval Architect 1999-2000
• Managed the operation of 8 handy size (40,000 dwt) bulk carriers.
• Responsible for all machinery and equipment operations, preserving all in seaworthy condition for continuous operation and statutory compliance.
LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING – United Kingdom – Training Surveyor 1998-1999
• Contributed training leadership toward providing risk assessment, risk mitigation solutions and management systems certification to shipping lines around the world.
• Consistently applied Lloyd’s sponsorship plan to working directly with clients to achieve company objectives.
• Cultivated initial working relationships with Lloyd’s staff while completing University project concerning the structural design of the Atrium for a Cruise Liner.
MAJESTY/REGENCY CRUSE LINES/HELLENIC NAVY – USA/Greece – Marine Engineer 1990-1997
• Applied engineering expertise toward working as marine engineer on board several cruise ships, with primary responsibility for maintaining mechanical systems that powered the ships.
• Completed requisite military service as a marine engineer on destroyers and mind hunters.
University of Cranfield, United Kingdom, School of Industrial and Manufacturing Science
Master of Science in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE),
Thesis: Flexible Optimization using genetic algorithms
University of Southampton, United Kingdom, School Of Engineering Sciences, Ship Science
Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture (Honours)
Dissertation: Structural Design of Atrium for a Cruise Liner
Academy of Merchant Marine Engineers, (Greece), 1st Class (Chief Engineer)
Certificate of Competency, MCA UK
Dissertation: Steam Plant for LPG carriers
Coursework covered everything from computer aided engineering and modeling to Naval architecture and ship design, as well as industrial engineering and mechanics.
Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council, UK)
Marine Engineer, 1st Class Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer MCA, UK)
Unitor Hellas S.A. - Training Certificate in Maritime Repair and Maintenance
Training Certificate in Lifesaving and Firefighting Appliances
Certificate of Proficiency in Craft Survival.
Ro-Ro Passenger / Tanker Safety Certificates
OS: MS Windows (all), UNIX
Apps: MS Office Suite, MS Project
Systems: LOCAM, AMOS
Design: AutoCAD, ACIS, Unigraphics, I-DEAS
Programming: Fortran, C++
Member, Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA)
Member; IMarEST (Chartered Engineer)
Member; Engineering Council
Nationality: Greek (USA permanent resident)
Driving Licences: British & American (No endorsements)
Languages: English (fluent), Greek (fluent), Spanish (basic)
Interests and Hobbies: Diving, cycling, water sports, soccer, dancing