To obtain a challenging position, which fully applies to my acquired skills and work experience, seeking an opportunity for long-term committed growth for an organization with a strong ethical foundation; an opportunity that will value me as an asset due to my high commitment level, sense of urgency, integrity and attention to details.
October 2014 – March 2015 Tesco Corporation (US) Houston, Texas
Lead Supply Chain Transportation & Inventory Analyst
• Select, evaluate, and develop lanes and modes to best achieve on time delivery at required service level and lowest cost, working in conjunction with the Latin America Global Logistics Team.
• Responsible for over 1.2 million in cargo for all Latin American business unit.
• Coordinate the transportation of procured material between the domestic or overseas Supplier; Coordinate import clearance with Customs Broker, Handle cross-docking of material and coordinate delivery from warehouse to the vessel.
• Coordinated all transportation moves internationally and domestic for all Tesco Assets, IT and Hazardous cargo.
• Responsible for all Tesco US Imports and compliance issues
• Negotiated contracts for all logistics vendor such as intermodal, courier and freight forwarding companies
• Prioritize tasks consistent with achieving overall supply management organizational goals.
• Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain, transportation, inventory, and warehousing issues.
• Ability to influence diverse group of people to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
• Understands and demonstrates project and Inventory management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to close advanced projects on time with minimal supervision.
• Able to effectively lead team of peers and subordinates.
• Able to work effectively in a construction environment with both management and subcontractors
• Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations concerning specific projects, objectives and schedules.
• Interactions (including negotiations) with senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
• Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Develops and administers project plan schedules and performance requirements.
• Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
March 2012 – October 2014 Tesco Corporation (US) Houston, Texas
Sr. Logistics & Supply Chain Analyst (Drilling Innovation Company)
• Implement TESCO shipping, traffic, transportation, distribution, freight forwarder and brokerage services and policies.
• Direct the procurement of all product and goods transportation and related freight handling services for TESCO Corporation worldwide
• Identify and implement standardized best practices across multiple international sites.
• Ensure cargo and packing as well as packing lists and invoice documents are compliant with U.S. Customs/BIS/DOT
standards inclusive of Harmonized Tariff Codes/Schedule B/ECCN/Import Security Filings, etc.
• Maintain accurate records; monitor federal and state regulations that governor freight and transportation.
• Identify and execute cost reduction initiatives through mode shift, consolidation, and optimization of shipments.
• Develop inbound and outbound logistics contingency plans to address supply chain uncertainty.
• Prepare all data to support all Logistics TESCO Financial Reviews.
• Maintain data of freight payment data and shipment data through freight payment services and shipping document reports.
• Manage freight forwarder and common carrier relationships.
• Provide input to Sales and Marketing for preferred sales terms (INCOTERMS) and cost/pricing for logistics value add services.
• Implement, manage and report out on global logistics metrics.
• Manage maintenance for freight payment, claims management, proof of delivery to meet business unit requirements and daily inbound and outbound operational needs.
• Work closely with Freight Forwarders to track and trace cargo and advise stake holders of any discrepancies/delays and
to insure that contracted rates are used and applied properly to invoices, review Terms and Conditions and negotiate and approved
contract rates, service and maintenance schedules.
October 2005-March 2012 Daniel Measurement & Control a Division of Emerson Houston, TX
Operations / Export Logistics Specialist (Oil and Gas Measurement)
• International Exporting of Supply Chain Material & Large Scale Systems Projects
• Working and Coordinating with Customers and Freight Forwarders from vessel, air and carrier quoting to full-scale exporting shipments and documentation such as bills of lading, packing list, commercial invoices, certificate of origins, letter of credit sand hazardous good certificates.
• Knowledge of export regulations: Export administration Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export License, HTS Codes, Inco-terms, SLI’s and Automatic Export Systems (AES) filings.
• Work with Project Managers, Shipping and Packing facilities to expedite crated and containerized cargo within DOT and Customs regulations.
• Helping Buyers and customers with importing and routing goods from all over the world.
• Help planners with releasing backorders, maintaining backlog and invoicing all orders; determined cargo classification according to tariff specifications.
• Serve as a liaison for the Latin America, Russia and Canada branches with progress and production of export orders.
• Very involved with month-end close process and reconciliation of third party balances and issues
• Oversee matter concerning logistics and appropriate follow through regarding ancillary services (e.g. customs and vessel clearance; inspection reports and delivery schedules)
• Track product movement against schedules in order to prevent any delay when applicable; maintained and implemented appropriate recovery plan to track on time delivery.
June 2004-August 2005 Sea, Air & Truck Forwarding Houston, TX
In-House Account Coordinator for SOPUS Products (Shell Oil, Pennzoil & Quaker State)
• Arranged exportation of cargo and prepared full documentation for hazardous and non hazardous (example bills of lading, insurance certificates, dock receipts, bank drafts, international letters of credit, hazardous IMO certificates and SAP invoices)
• Negotiate rates / service contracts with steamship lines, carriers (Federal Express, DHL & UPS) and trucking companies
• Arranged cargo inspections; served as liaison between customer, plant and credit to resolve all order issues.
• Handles all SOPUS imports from port of arrival, through customs and to final delivery destination.
• Coordinated and facilitated the order process through constant communications with various SOPUS manufacturing plants, warehouses, truckers and customers.
• Assisted in special projects, yearly tax audits, maintained monthly inventory and financial reviews.
March 2001-April 2004 Crowley Maritime Corporation Houston, TX
Import / Equipment Control Customer Service Representative
• Provided excellent Import customer service for the fifth largest steamship line in the United States, ensuring 100% level of compliance with US Customs and Border Patrol (Homeland Security) and other government agencies, in which manifest and other Custom documents we filed within their 24-hour rule.
• Printed and distributed arrival notices to all import customers in a timely manner.
• Handled all incoming calls pertaining to Imports and 20’ equipment release in a professional manner.
• Ensured that shipments were processed through US Customs and USDA in a timely and efficient manner and that customer’s requirements were filled; maintained close liaison between Customers and US Customs for various specialized US Customs clearance requirements such as CET holds.
• Dispatched and traced cargo requiring door delivery to customers designated facility.
• Traced and dispatched all cargo and containers received at railroad.
• Coordinated with container yard to ensure all 20’ container and chassis equipment were released and maintained properly; maintained communication with Stevedores to ensure all cargo was released from Customs so cargo could unload from vessel in a timely manner; prepared monthly tonnage reports for the Port Of Houston.
• Received and recorded all freight payments for the Houston area; released all Houston area bills of ladings; released cargo in the Port of Houston system.
• Prepared and issued detention and demurrage invoices in SAP.
• Served as back up for Export/Traffic Specialist
June 1999 – March 2001 American Maritime Services Houston, TX
Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist (NVOCC)
• Serve as liaison between suppliers and customer; managed all details of special orders; establish relationships and maintain regular contact with suppliers, ensuring excellent customer service.
• Prepared trucking and paperwork for multi-million dollar offshore drilling rig project; coordinated movement of all cargo from supplier’s warehouse to proper overseas destination.
• Inspected central sties and supplier's warehouse to ensure cargo packed with proper markings and for safe ocean export.
• Quoted best rates, new booking and vessel information to prospective customers.
• Supervised vessel loading and off- loading of cargo ensuring compliance in the use of heavy machinery
• Documentation Control
• Exports • Administrative Support
• Scheduling / Inventory Control
• Quarterly Reports
• JDE / SAP Proficient • Customer Service
• Multiline phones
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• MS Office XP-Word, Excel, Power-Point Presentations, Oracle