Finance / Treasury Officer
- Finance / Legal / Risk Management
Date of Birth: 15 April, 1985
A fully qualified, self-motivated, dynamic professional who wishes to make a strong contribution towards business goals in a growth-orientated, forward thinking organization that values continuous development of professional skills and where I can exercise my existing talent and develop new abilities to benefit my organization. I have a great passion for learning and am willing to go the extra mile for the betterment of the organization and my own progress. I am able to work independently and take full responsibility of my actions while still recognizing the need and value of teamwork.
- Financial Modelling
- Measuring Banking covenants
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Budget Preparation and control
- Planning and Forecasting
- Statutory audit
- Work Experience (I):
Organization: Topaz Energy and Marine Ltd, Dubai, UAE
Organization Type: Shipping – Offshore supply vessels
Position: Finance / Treasury Officer
Department: Corporate Finance
Duration: April, 2012 to Present
Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading oilfield services company providing marine and engineering solutions to the global energy industry. After completing my CA, I joined Topaz which is the group's offshore support vessel owning and operating division with an annual turnover of over + USD 400M and a diverse fleet of 98+ vessels. I have had the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Director along with the finance team of the different division located in different part of the world. Some of my main responsibilities were:
Accounts and MIS:
- Involved in preparation of company’s financial model and projections till 2022 and realigning the same with current market condition.
- Updating and working on different scenario (stress & downside case) of business model depending upon internal requirement, investment opportunity, and lenders request and for rating purpose.
- Directly working/worked with Goldman Sachs, Rothschild and HSBC structured finance team about any investment/financing opportunity for the company.
- Monthly reporting of MMR & performance summary to stakeholders and deep dive meeting for the senior management.
- Calculating the benchmark key ratios for the group on a monthly basis.
- Updating information to Management for quarterly disclosure to Investors.
- Consolidation and analysis of annual budget and ongoing forecast and measure the same with the company’s financial model.
- Providing financial / treasury related information during audit committee and board meeting.
- Assisting in annual audit of the company.
- Assessment and testing of vessels Impairment.
- Managing group cash flow including debtor’s collection for upcoming 12 months’ time.
- Keeping a bird eyes view about the company liquidity position and plans for drawdown if required to maintain the appropriate level of operating cash flow.
- Regularly liaison with banks for any drawdown request or arranging banking lines where possible to strength the capital structure of the company in consultation with senior management.
- Monitored leverage ratio to see whether the same is in line with long term plan.
- Monitored all financial covenants were met on a monthly basis and half yearly reporting to various lenders.
- Assessing risk or lower headroom in financial covenants and flagging the same to the management for resetting or renegotiating the same with lenders as and when necessary.
- Addressing query and providing information to various lender including internal auditor on loan & treasury related matters on a quarterly basis.
- Quarterly reporting to rating agencies about the liquidity position and other information as requested.
- Review the annual draft credit opinion from the rating agencies.
- Publishing monthly treasury highlights to management.
- Updating of company’s loan model as per IFRS & Repayment Schedule.
- Evaluating Group finance cost and running different scenario as and when required.
- Handling Group Insurance - General as well as Vessel level insurance (H&M, P&I, AWRP etc.)
- Assisting technical dept. to submit insurance claim, ensure about the completeness and timely reporting of the claim till the collection of the funds from the underwriters.
- Advising outstanding claim on monthly basis to units and technical head.
- Coordinating with IT team to develop different reports from the ERP for MIS and internal reporting.
- Assisting Commercial dept. for bidding for different tenders.
- Part of the core team behind issuance of Topaz’s inaugural high yield bond of USD 350m.
- Part of the core team that led to the private equity injection from SCBPEL of USD 75m.
- Part of the core team which arranged banking lines of USD 550m from local and international bank to support project refinancing and investment opportunity.
- Work Experience (II)
Organization: Salarpuria & Co, Chartered Accountants
Duration: August, 2008 to February, 2012
Being in the Audit Business Services line, I have gained wide experience in the audit of companies in the manufacturing and trading sector. As a part of audit engagement teams, I have obtained an overall understanding of the client's business, internal control, statutory compliance and other business issues, and provided value-added suggestions for improvement:
- Hotel Hindustan International (HHI) (Hospitality Industry)
- Manjushree Plantations Limited (B.K. Birla Group Tea Estate)
- PDP Steels Limited (manufacturer of GC sheets)
- Chamong Tea Estate Limited (Tea Estate)
- Emami Papers Mills Limited (manufacturer of newsprint)
- Naresh Kumar & Co (Logistics Co.)
- Bata Internal Audit (Eastern Region)
Certificate Name: Chartered Accountant
Institute: Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
Completed: November 2011
Degree Name: Bachelors in Commerce (Hons)
Institute Name: Calcutta University
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Playing & watching Cricket.
- Held the position of ‘Prefect’ in school at Higher Secondary level.
- Active participant & organizer of annual picnic held by Salarpuria Jajodia & Co.
Proficient in Windows based applications like MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point.