Diversified background in engineering, equipment and facility maintenance, and global logistics management with 8 years experience in a demanding customer- driven work place. Demonstrates skills in analyzing, communicating and problem solving in fast paced environments. Dedicated team player and leader with the ability to motivate high levels of performance by others.
PORTS AMERICA, INC., Houston, Texas 2002 - 2010
• Coordinated equipment maintenance on but not limited to forklifts 3k electric - 80k capacity diesel, reach stackers, container handlers, mobile cranes, over-the-road trucks, trailers and yard hustlers, track loaders, excavators, and automotive vehicles, improving condition of machinery and gear increasing personnel safety while reducing equipment failures.
• Reviewed and implemented work process enhancements reducing operations downtime and improving equipment availability. Required to address all issues immediately, created a reporting system for location managers that enabled the tracking and response of communications across departments enabling terminal managers immediate, reliable support from the Engineering Department.
• Evaluated and approved purchase request for stevedore gear, supplies and equipment parts for Texas operations. Instrumental in creating a Texas Procurement Program to capture, organize, record, and process all purchase request for Texas Operations.
• Acting HR manager for Texas Engineering Department, supervising new hire orientation, employee training and development, payroll and employee/labor relations.
• Utilized Mainpac software to manage fleet and facility repair cost, PM maintenance, equipment down time along with ILA labor hours.
• Credited as one of two Mainpac computer systems operators with Super User status in the gulf region. Present from the inception of the Mainpac system, streamlining program processes to better fit the stevedoring industry.
• Provided operational support by collaborating with accounts’ vessels ensuring all supplies, gear, machinery and ILA engineering labor required was on site and in safe operational condition.
• Transportation Worker Identification Credentials valid thru 5/17/2014
IDEAL PRINTERS, INC., Houston, Texas 2000-2002
Graphic Designer/ Pre-press Operator
• Interacted with clients to create innovative designs to meet and exceed their original vision.
• Converted client created files to print ready .pdf files.
• Approved files and ripped through Apogee system to direct plate print.
• Formatted templates necessary for printing with the HP Indigo digital press.
THE FISCHER COMPANY, Houston, Texas 1994-2000
• Fabricated steel rule dies from customer samples and technical drawings.
• Procured a workable inventory of supplies within budget constraints.
• Received, processed and logged all supplies into inventory.
• Prepared, packaged and arranged pickup and delivery of all outgoing products.
DP World Institute: Team Leader Development Program, Maritime Institute of Technologies and Graduate Studies, Linthicum, MD
Managing Safety: Systems that work for Operations Managers, Dupont, Houston, TX
Ms Word Excel Outlook Power Point Mainpac
Photoshop Acrobat Illustrator Quark Express
Agfa Apogee Navis Dockworks