- Vessel Operations
Status: Citizen of the United States.
Clearance: Secret Security Clearance by DSS 22 March 2012 for Newport News Shipbuilding
To obtain a challenging position within a Professional industry, that first believes in distributing quality product for the clients and will utilize my existing skills to establish a stable career offering growth and advancement.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Independent self-motivated professional
- Strong communication Presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, team player
- Strong work ethic; Dependable and Punctual
SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE BRENTWOOD- LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
Associates of Liberal Arts, Graduation Aug 2003
RELEVANT COURSEWORK, LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS
Newport News Shipbuilding Night School Certificates - Basic Ship checking for ship alterations, Electricity 1, Nuclear Plant Principles; OSHA 10-hour Maritime, expiration 9/10/2020
Overhaul projects and attend smart start at Norfolk Base onboard Abraham Lincoln.
9/10/2014 – Received Employee Recognition Award
Huntington Ingalls Industries Newport News, VA
Deck Electrician- Federal Contractor (This is a federal job)
Mar 2011 – July 2015
- Install and cut in cables and hook up Ventilation systems (Contactors, Duct heaters, and Controllers), I.C. Audio Patch panels, Terminal boards, Distribution boxes, receptacles, speakers, connection boxes, modify and mount electrical equipment installations in areas such as Medical, Zone Canes and Avionic Shops
- Perform absence of voltage test, pull and run over 25,000 feet of various cables
- Operate mechanic tools such as needle guns, grinders, drills, and stud machines.
- Familiar with ship layout and navy terminology and able to read blueprints
- Experience with Tags plus procedures on tag out controls and General Surveillance Audits and TWD’s with work control to complete goals safely.
- Re-wire over 25 lights in Mission Pod.
- Familiar with locate to suit for many systems with interferences.
- Experience in packing all types of tubes, collars and Multi-cable transits.
- Lay off wire way racks for different types of systems.
- Experience in cable removal and disposal for Reactor Plant Cabling, Zone Canes and many systems.
- Experience as a JLG operator on installation for Anodes on the sides of the Aircraft Carriers.
Children’s Hospital of Kings Daughters Norfolk, VA
Materials Management Clerk
Aug 2010 – Mar 2011
- Stat order response team member.
- Multi-unit medical supplies delivered.
- Inventory received shipments.
- Record and save signatures for over (50) packages daily.
Adecco Virginia Beach, VA
Biomedical Repair Technician
Apr 2010 - May 2010
- Tested over (500) medical equipment (IV pump modules, brain modules) daily.
- Installed Alaris Software 9.4 version for medical equipment testing, Installed Guardrails Continuous Quality Improvement Report 9.2, for quality assurance on medical equipment.
American Contract Systems Chesapeake, VA
Mar 2009 - Apr 2010
- Assembled over (500) Custom Packs daily using Kimberly Clark and Cardinal Health products used in operating rooms.
- Maintained company record accuracy.
- Analyzed surgical packages for accuracy and completion.
- Developed efficiency-enhancing workflow; implemented improvements that made it possible to accommodate the increasing responsibilities necessitated by staff management.
Atlantic Psychiatric Services Virginia Beach, VA
Medical Records Coordinator
Sep 2006 – May 2008
- Maintained and handled over 5,000 Medical Records; ensured a consistently positive liaison with Primary Care Providers.
- Distributed and accounted for all Medical Records and charts in the Department.
- Maintained an effective filing system with accurate and organized records for both new and existing patients.
- Provided customer service for both staff and patients.
- Prepared and picked up recall orders for all (40) medical doctors.
- Held human resources manager for both staff and patients.
- Provided and displayed administrative skills.