Digital Nautical Cartographer
- Information Technology
Aim to be associated with a Progressive organization that gives me the scope to share my knowledge and skills in accordance with the latest trends and be a part of team that dynamically works towards the growth of organization and gives the satisfaction thereof.
• Proficient in making of Digital Nautical Paper Charts, Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC).
• Proficient in vector data capture and GIS integration.
• Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including Hydrographic Survey data, public domain, field observation, Satellite imagery, Aerial photographs, and Existing maps.
• Advanced skills in CARIS GIS Editor, CARIS Paper Chart Composer (PCC), CARIS S57 Composer, CARIS HOM ENC, JEPPESEN dKart editor, JEPPESEN dKart Publisher, JEPPESEN dKart Inspector, Global Mapper, HYPACK, AutoCAD Map, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Client provided Software’s etc.
• Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
• A keen interest in geography and mapping.
• Excellent computer and mathematical skills.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail when working.
• A natural eye for layout and design, good spatial awareness and colour vision.
• A systematic approach to work, and attention to set procedures.
• The ability to interpret data, graphical representations and symbols.
• The ability to work independently.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Enjoy performing tasks that require precision.
Bachelors of Science in Geography (Pursuing) Andhra University
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science Andhra University
ITI Automobiles [2006 – 2008] 82.2 % Department of Employment and Training, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh
IIC TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India, www.iictechnologies.com
21st March, 2009 to Present (Seven Years above)
Production Lead : Jun 2015 to Present
Group Lead : Jan 2013 to Jun 2015 (2 Years 06 Months)
Marine GIS Cartographer : Apr 2009 to Jan 2013 (3 Years 10 Months)
Trainee CAD Engineer : Mar 2009 to Apr 2009 (1 Month)
• Involved with the scientific, technological and artistic aspects of developing nautical maps, diagrams, charts and spreadsheets. To develop nautical paper charts and electronic navigational charts, they must compile, structure and present complex geographical information and data in the appropriate format.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience with the application of IHO S-4 for paper chart production and S-57 for ENC products.
• Design ENC and Nautical paper chart maps, as well as geographic illustrations, layouts and graphics.
• Communicate information by using colour, texture, symbols, style and other means.
• Select and evaluate map source data for use in the preparation or revision of maps and charts to various scales.
• Capture and output digital geographic data.
• Design and maintain geographical information databases.
• Work with geographical information systems (GIS) to analyze and model landscape features.
• Drive to consistently push self and others for results.
Role: I am one of the Cartographers and solved major tasks when producing the Chart 452 out of 07 member’s team.
International Cartography Conference Award: Chart produced by IIC for the Norwegian Hydrographic Service (NHS) has won top honours in the navigation chart category. Competing with submissions from 35 countries, the port chart “452 Oslo Harbour” was awarded first place and praised for its innovative design and detailed land features.
Languages : English, Telugu and Hindi
Training, Inland waterways authority of India (IWAI)
Kolkata, India (July 2012 to Dec 2012)
I had given Training to IWAI, Hydrographic Department about Maintenance and Updating of Paper Chart and Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC).
Software Trained Under this Session:
CARIS GIS Editor, CARIS S-57 Composer and Global Mapper
Date of Birth : 07-07-1988
Religion : HINDU
Nationality : INDIAN
Passport No : M0531571
Marital Status : Married