Deputy Site Manager / Naval Architect
- Engineer / Naval Architect
Seeking a challenging position in an organization where I find an opportunity to serve meticulously with my technical knowledge gained over 20 years of experience in Shipbuilding & Ship design and to further enhance my skills. Confident to fill a Lead / Senior Position or perform as an integral part of the team.
- Enjoy Challenges
- Self motivated and result oriented individual
- Accustomed to pressure of tight deadlines
- Able to learn new things quickly in any environment
- Enjoy working in groups and helping others
Date of Birth : 29 March 1976
Nationality : Indian
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married
Passport Details : H4915391
Expiry Date : 04 Oct. 2019
Languages Known : English (Fluent: Written & Spoken), Hindi, Mandarin (basic)
St. Thomas High School : Passed S.S.C.E. in 1991 with First Class
Inst. Of Shipbuilding Technology : Passed Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering
(1991 – 1995) with First Class. Includes, Ship Design & Drawing,
Ship Calculations, Strength of Materials, Naval Architecture etc.
Hull Structure & Strength Course run by DNV at Mumbai, India.
Completed training in ISYMOST, NSO, ARIANE & HYDROSTAR under the leadership of Bureau Veritas
Completed Training in software modules Maxsurf, Hydromax, Workshop, Prefit, Seakeeper & Hullspeed under the leadership of Formsys Design Systems.
Jan ‘2014 – July ‘2013: Dy. Site Manager, New Building Projects, M/s. Chellsea Pte. Ltd., Guangzhou, China
Responsibilities : Supervision of the all construction, day to day activities of contractors of 8 x UT 771 WP, DP2,Fifi 2, Platform Supply Vessels (PSV’s).
- Reporting to the Site manager & Technical Director, Operations.
- Operation of new building services according to approved budgets.
- Performance of projects in accordance to the contractual agreement of the clients and Chellsea.
- Completion of works in adherence to governing quality documentation of Chellsea and international shipbuilding practices and normal vessel type operational requirements.
- Familiarization with the Shipbuilding specification including referenced Standards, Regulations, and Rules
- Selection of materials and welding techniques; material specification control and ensuring compliance with all agreed specifications and performance standards.
- Fabrication procedures at shipyard and at subcontractor’s premises.
- Review of all related drawings (Structural / Piping / Machinery / Electrical).
- Supervision of hull erection, welding, surface preparation and paint application.
- Coordination and verification and closing out of defects noted by Site team members.
- Coordination with shipyard and Owners with respect to delivery protocols, certification and flag state inspections.
- Vessel schedule tracking and issuance of necessary alerts in case of slippages.
- Responsible for delegating work for site inspectors and Engineers.
July ‘2013 – Dec ‘2013: Sr. Naval Architect - Design, M/s. Trinity Offshore Pvt. Ltd., Singapore
Responsibilities: Leading the Design department.
- Reporting to Technical Director.
- Naval architectural calculations such as Stability , Lightship Calculations, Freeboard calculations of a New Building of 125m Cargo barge.
- Preparation of initial design drawings.
- Distribution of work to subordinates & monitoring, guiding and reviewing their work.
- Hydrostatic calculations using Autoship software
- Structural modification requirements of Accommodation Barges / Offshore supply / Cargo Ships / Survey vessels owned and operated by the Company.
- Liaising with Classification Societies, etc.
June ‘2012 – June ’2013: Lead Structural Engineer, M/s. Oakwell Shipyard Co. Ltd., Sattahip, Thailand
Responsibilities: Managing a team of Site supervisors, foreman, Fitters and welders to execute and deliver the new building of 2 x Split Hopper barges and 2 x Seismic Survey Vessels
- Lead Outfitting / Hull department
- Assist in manpower and resource scheduling and deployment, daily man hour returns and co-ordinate in all aspects of site issues.
- Liaising with classification, Owners and designer with all matter related to rules, regulations, design and technical issues.
- Participation in project progress meeting and leading different type of activities
- Monitoring works on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and reporting
- Site supervision and implementation of the job as per drawing and specification of the project
- Preparation and monitoring of the Block Fabrication as per planned dates and monitoring the man-hours
Nov. ‘2009 – May ‘2012: Naval Architect / Senior Design Engineer (Project Management), M/s. Seatech Solutions International, Singapore
Responsibilities: Managing a team of Design Engineers & draftsmen in ship design projects.
- Perform Initial design and structural drawings such as midship section, Profile and decks, typical sections, w/t bulkheads based on various rules, calculations and Owners requirements.
- Preparation of General Arrangements for various design enquiries such as MPV, OSV, Bulk Carriers. Based on Owners specs. / Requirements.
- Initial calculations such as Lightship estimation, stability calculation, freeboard calculations, Loading Calculations etc.
- Hull modeling. Lines fairing and stability calculations using GHS and FORAN software.
- Review of all structural, outfitting & production drawings prepared by Engineers, Designers.
Nov. ‘2005 – Oct. ‘2009: Senior Design Engineer, M/s. Zebec Marine Consultants & Services, Goa, India
Responsibilities: Detail design/drafting of ship structure and outfitting for new shipbuilding and repairs/conversions. 3D modeling of ships
- Perform naval architecture calculations, e.g., stability/hydrostatic, weight distribution, etc with the use of ‘Maxsurf’ ( Formsys modules ) software.
- Feasability study for FPSO conversions, modifications, etc.
- Preparation of 3d model of a Chemical tanker using BV software “ISYMOST’ for structural analysis.
- FPSO topside structural analyses using 2 hold model as per LRSDA.
- Global FPSO FEM Modelling using ISYMOST B.V. Software.
- Technical Analysis using Veristar Offshore software modules covering hydrodynamics
(HydroStar), mooring system (Ariane 3-D), strength, corrosion and fatigue (Veristar Hull and NSO BV)
- 2 & 3 Hold modeling of FPSO using ISYMOST as per CSR guidelines.
- Worked as Hull inspector at Cochin Shipyard Ltd., India for the project being managed by Zebec Marine Consultants, for a period of 6 months. ( Offshore Supply Vessel)
Mar. ‘2002 – Nov. ‘2005: Work Preparator (Steel), M/s. Dubai Dry Docks, Dubai, UAE
Responsibilities: Identification of scope of work from Owners specifications, worklists and on board inspections and producing sketches and instructions describing the work to be done.
- Prepare Drawings for fabrication
- To produce pre-planning and actual planning information and estimating resource requirements.
- Hull inspection / surveys carried out for vessels such as LNG carriers, Chemical tankers, FPSO, Bulk carriers, Rigs and Offshore supply vessels.
- Accompany external inspectors / class on hull surveys
- Conduct quality control surveillance on all structural/hull fabrication work.
- Prepare and maintain good inspection reports
- Prepared 3d, design drawings and fabrication drawings for Major conversion Project FPSO XIKOMBA and FSO KNOCK KNEVIS.
2. Deck Crane pedestal
3. Fire Monitor Platforms
4. Module supports
Jan. ‘1996 – Mar. ‘2002: Engineer (Steel), M/s. Western India Shipyard Ltd., Goa – India.
Responsibilities: Oversee the execution of production and shipbuilding projects (Steel department).
- To carry out in-stage inspection with Class Surveyors and Owners during fabrication and installation period.
- Estimating the required time for job, preparing bar charts.
- Updating I.S.O. files.
- Preparation of steel renewal drawings using AutoCAD software.
Computer & Software Knowledge
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project.
- Autocad 3D 2014, 3D hull modelling, Rhino 3D.
- BV softwares such as Ariane, Hydrostar, Isymost and NSO.
- Hull modeling and stability calculations using Maxsurf,GHS & Foran.
- Excellent knowledge of international regulations in maritime activity (SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Line, IBC, IGC, HSC, MODU rules, Tonnage, Port State Control)
- Knowledge of the classification societies operation – Rules (development and application), plan approval and survey.
- Good knowledge of Quality Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of intact and damage stability calculations (deterministic & Probabilistic)
- Knowledge of Ship structures, scantling calculations as per classification requirements, lightship weight estimation, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Naval Architecture, Structural Design, Outfitting Design, Accommodation Design, production engineering & Ship Production.
- Experienced in both Shipbuilding and Ship Repair.
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Reason for Leaving : Project contract finished on 16 July 2016
Last drawn salary : USD 7500 p/m
Min. Expected salary : USD 5000 p/m
Date of Availability : Immediate
Date :- 20 August 2016
Place:- Goa, India Pankaj G. Gaonkar