Ships Agency Operations Manager, West Gulf Coast
- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Department / Regional Manager
We are seeking a Ships Agency Operations Manager, West Gulf in Houston, TX that has demonstrated knowledge and experience managing Ships Agency offices around the west gulf coast.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, focused on growth, and has exceptional up to date market knowledge in the maritime industry. He or she has demonstrated strong leadership skills and has a proven track record building teams.
- Overall responsible for the port and site operations in multiple locations.
- Ensure that Ships Agency performance and service quality is according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Actively identify new business and sales opportunities in the territory and work with Ships Agency sales to promote local ports to customers.
- Ensure profitable port operations by increasing revenue, whilst driving efficiencies to control costs.
- Ensure correct amount of pre-funding is received, or the correct level of authority has been approved any deviation, prior to performing the port call, in line with the Chart of Authority. Same to be ensured when additional funding required prior vessel’s sailing.
- Ensure procedures relevant to Disbursement Accounts production are implemented and optimized.
- Ensure efficient and competent resources are appointed at port location(s).
- Ensure on-boarding and regular training is conducted for all employees.
- Overall Ships Agency QHSSE compliance within assigned Territory and use of Take 5 as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree within Maritime or Business management field, or alternatively work experiences compensating for formal education.
- Minimum five years experience in Ships Agency Operations.
- Familiar with Local Port Authority regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
- Effective communication skills and command of the English language, oral and written.
- Ability to multitask and organize under pressure without compromising safety of personnel and vessel.
- Strong team leadership skills and ability to inspire and mentor.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Computer literate.
Must be able to currently work in the United States.
- Apply Instructions
- To apply, Click Here.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service
Our ambition is to shape the maritime industry.
Founded in 1861, the Wilhelmsen group operates the largest maritime network on the planet, with over 2 200 locations worldwide. Delivering market-leading products and services to over half of the world’s merchant fleet, we also supply best in class crew and technical management to the biggest and most complex vessels currently at sea. Consistently developing innovative, customer-focused and sustainable solutions, we’re taking an active role in shaping the maritime industry for the future. In addition, through our investments we are exploring new opportunities, with new partners, within the renewable energy, alternative fuels, offshore and technology industries. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, compliance, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.