- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Technical Manager
Requirements that individual will be supporting: Monitors vessels, equipment, property for hazardous conditions and materials; monitors all services for health, safety and environmental protection; administers the Safety and Health Program Plan
Qualification: A four-year college degree with at least three (3) years of managerial experience in safety and general safety- related experience AND 10 years of ship safety and general safety related experience with at least five (5) of which involved managerial responsibilities.
Maritime experience is preferred. Must be able to obtain a Confidential Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen per Inactive Shipoff Instruction 5500.3B of 13 May
Global, A First Flagship Company is looking for a dynamic Safety Health and Environmental Manager with a strong Safety background to join our team in Pearl Harbor, HI. Since 1964, Global has been achieving worldwide recognition for effective management and technical competency, and providing innovative solutions to our customers. Visit our website at www.globalgovservices.com for more information on who we are and what we do. Global offers competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Monitors and surveys assigned and to be assigned vessels, equipment and property for hazardous conditions, materials and chemicals such as asbestos, lead, PCB, radiation and gas filled spaces.
- Shall possess in depth knowledge of various Navy, NIOSH, NAVSEA Inactive Ship On-site Maintenance Office, OSHA, EPA, and other publications that describe in detail procedures for the required inspections.
- Shall conduct near miss, accident and injury investigations. Author detailed finding reports and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for administering the health program of the Contractor per the Safety and Health Program Plan.
- Author and conduct JHA briefings.
- Focus on safety. Provide a work environment that reduces to zero the number of lost workdays, injuries, and accidents.
- Monitor and survey assigned and to be assigned vessels, equipment, and property for hazardous conditions, materials, and chemicals such as asbestos, lead, PCB, radiation and gas-filled spaces.
- Provide the leadership and management necessary to achieve the highest levels of performance in the following areas: safety, health, environmental protection, sub-contract solicitation and management.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly safety inspections.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with all individuals and organizations charged with the accomplishment of those tasks required to satisfy all contractual obligations.
- Maintain an excellent working relationships.
- Provide timely, accurate, complete correspondence, reports, and supporting documentation to Project Manager and corporate leadership.
- Professionally represent the company in all dealings with the customer, suppliers, sub-contractors, and other government agencies.
- Provide clear, firm, and consistent leadership while fostering a team culture built on the company’s core values of individual accountability, growth, safety, respect, integrity, and commitment.
- Hire, indoctrinate, train, and promote only the most qualified Hazmat Technicians.
- Apply Instructions
Global is proud to be an EEO/Vet/Disabled employer. Email email@example.com