QMED - Oiler
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- $390.46/daily plus a $3K sign-on bonus
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work 84 hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Computer literate preferred
Required Certifications or Licenses
Merchant Mariners Credential with the following endorsements
- Basic Training
- STCW Medical Certificate
- Able Seafarer – Engine
- VPDSD – Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties
- RFPEW – Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch
- TWIC - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
NOW OFFERING A $3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
An Oiler assists the Watch Engineer in operating, maintaining, and repairing the dredge’s machinery.
Essential Job Functions
- Routinely makes rounds and complete logs accurately and clearly
- Reports any unusual machinery operation, noise, or vibration to the engineer
- Keep the bilges pumped down
- Clean up excess oil from around the machinery
- Keep oil pressures and temperatures within limits
- Keeps all fluid levels at their proper state
- Take soundings for the storage tanks, as directed
- Check all motors, bearing pumps, and glands for overheating
- Clean engines spaces and properly dispose of waste materials
- Grease machinery as directed
- Follow the Preventative Maintenance Schedule as directed
- Participate in all repairs and maintenance projects during idle periods
- Other duties as assigned
- Apply Instructions
- Please apply online for the position by clicking the following link: QMED Oiler - Candidate Experience site Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Weeks Marine, Inc.
Founded in 1919, the family-owned Weeks Marine, Inc. (“Weeks”) remains one of the largest marine, dredging, and tunneling contractors in North America. A proven leader in the maritime construction industry, Weeks has successfully completed projects throughout North and South America, the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
Our company has three key divisions—Construction, Dredging, and Marine Services—which are bolstered by three major subsidiaries, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc., McNally International, Inc., and North American Aggregates, LLC. Our vast reach and deep expertise, combined with the sheer size and diversity of our equipment fleet, enable us to serve as a one-stop-shop for clients in both the private and governmental sectors.