Mechanical / Systems Project Engineer
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Negotiable depending on experience
- Employment type
- Full Time
Skills & Experience Required
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in a marine, production, or engineering discipline is essential.
- 5-15 years’ experience in an engineering discipline in a relevant industry is essential.
- Knowledge of marine engineering and design principles, systems, techniques, and industry standards desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Project
- Excellent ability in CAD Programs – AutoCAD, Solidworks experience essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills to define, investigate and draw effective conclusions
- Ability to prioritize work deadlines in an ever changing setting
- Strong ability to develop technical documents, manuals and drawings
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines
Our client is a leader in providing services to the maritime, military and resource sectors. Due to continued growth, they are now seeking an experienced Mechanical / Systems Project Engineer to join their professional team which is based in Port Macquarie.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for working as part of the engineering team on HVAC, fuel, plumbing, freshwater, blackwater, hydraulics, mechanical, exhausts, electrical etc. to name a few.
You will be providing advice from a technical perspective supporting all activities whilst gaining diverse experience across Marine, Dredging and Disposal sectors from tender stage through to delivery.
Candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds such as vehicle design, marine/naval vessel design, aviation, oil & gas, mining, aerospace, piping systems, power generations etc. Experience in defence systems would also be beneficial.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Systems engineering and detail design
- CAD Drawings
- Weight tracking & control
- Development of QA documentation
- Providing support to the Engineering Manager and attending Design meetings
- Manual Writing
- Producing regular project & Engineering reports as required.
- Proactively promoting quality, environmental responsibility & safety within the workplace.
- Supporting other departments within the company as required.
- Apply Instructions
This is a permanent full time position providing a great opportunity to work with an established organisation who offer challenging work.
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, click “Apply” to submit your resume https://www.amida-recruit.com.au/civil-and-infrastructure-jobs/mechanical-systems-project-engineer/3205442