Marine Products Port Service Engineer
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
We have an open position for a Port Service Engineer, Marine Products, in the Los Angeles, CA area. This position is responsible for creating relationships with potential and current customers by maintaining continuous communication, visiting ports and vessels, and prioritizing Wilhelmsen business values.
- Continuously promote WSS products and services to current and potential customers by use of campaign or other material and tools.
- Initiate and maintain continuous contact with Ports, Terminals, Dry Docks Repair Yards and Ship’s Agents to identify opportunities and obtain information concerning Charterers, vessel arrival times, names of the Captain, Superintendents and other senior members of the crew, to communicate with them before or on arrival and provide them first class service to ensure that any order or enquiries will be given to WSS and not to an alternative local supplier.
- Visit vessels upon request for specific services, assist vessel’s crew for port deliveries where applicable.
- Visit vessels according to the prioritised customer category and highest global business value and sales potential.
- Report back the vessel visit outcome in the system and create relevant leads.
- To possess the required and defined technical competencies that is agreed with the Area Technical Sales Manager, and thus able to promote all Solutions and carry out defined services and inspections/installations.
- Complete and issue relevant documentation after every visit/service on board.
- Ensure that the customers experience the port service interaction as professional, valuable and pleasant.
- Obtain customer feedback concerning any matters affecting customer satisfaction and report back in Salesforce, included reporting of any customer complain if necessary.
- Report back to Area Technical Sales Manager (Sales) on competitor activities in the Port.
- Support customer and sales force when vessels will be sold / bought (cylinder count, new orders, additional product/services needed).
- Medium vocational technical or marine training.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the marine industry.
- Very good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multinational environment.
- Systematic and accurate nature.
- Service oriented and safety minded approach.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Apply Instructions
- To apply, CLICK HERE!
Wilhelmsen Ships Service
Our ambition is to shape the maritime industry.
Founded in 1861, the Wilhelmsen group operates the largest maritime network on the planet, with over 2 200 locations worldwide. Delivering market-leading products and services to over half of the world’s merchant fleet, we also supply best in class crew and technical management to the biggest and most complex vessels currently at sea. Consistently developing innovative, customer-focused and sustainable solutions, we’re taking an active role in shaping the maritime industry for the future. In addition, through our investments we are exploring new opportunities, with new partners, within the renewable energy, alternative fuels, offshore and technology industries. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, compliance, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.